We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is the best airline?

Dortmund, Germany
Who is the best airline?

Hello, what do you think ist at moment the best airline?

34 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
21. Re: Who is the best airline?

SouthWest hasn't had the lowest average fare since 2010 when they changed their strategy. The prevailing concept that they have low fares is residual marketing fluff.

There is no "best" airline. There *are* worse airlines though. It does indeed depend on where you are flying. It also depends on the class of ticket. I don't fly LH or EK long distance in coach. SQ does moderately well on the big aircraft over long distances, but there are many that do equal or better.

Oops... tricked by a necropost.

Edited: 1:24 pm, June 21, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 180
22. Re: Who is the best airline?

Geo,

Do not worry. Even with a necropost, others might learn from your response.

I agree. Once, SWA was more, or less, typified as a LCC. That did change, but they have been our second-tier airline for some US routes. They have also dropped in on-time arrivals, but provide a service, at least to us. We (mostly my wife) will fly them in Business Select, and usually gets a good flight, with some recent delays. As she is going, or coming home, and no connections are involved, a safe flight is all that WE ask.

Hunt

Auckland Region...
reviews: 78
23. Re: Who is the best airline?

Long Haul from New Zealand i like Malaysia ( for price and service) , Singapore for comfort and service) both Business Class. In Europe I have been happy with Easyjet for shorthaul flights as they have been cheap and cheerful!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 288
24. Re: Who is the best airline?

Geo and Bill, interesting points that are worse a new thread... Starting one now...

New York
reviews: 6
25. Re: Who is the best airline?

I am always amazed when I am flying with Qatar Airways. Impressive but expensive.

Hanoi, Vietnam
26. Re: Who is the best airline?

@Cyberhosbach:

What do you mean by the best airline? The question is too general to respond. You should specify where you are flying to and your criteria: price, service quality.....?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
27. Re: Who is the best airline?

VIETNAMTRAVELGUIDES: The OP has not returned to TripAdvisor or this post, in over a year. This was originally posted in March of 2013.

Santiago, Chile
reviews: 21
28. Re: Who is the best airline?

I had fly with klm, lan airlines, sky arlines, and aerolineas argentinas, and I think the best of them is lan, mostly considerin the turist cabin, and busines (in that case I only fly with klm and lan in busines).

Edited: 7:30 pm, August 15, 2014
Santiago, Chile
reviews: 21
29. Re: Who is the best airline?

Bad question with bad answers

Edited: 7:30 pm, August 15, 2014
New York City, New...
reviews: 14
30. Re: Who is the best airline?

I particularly liked British Airways and Lufthansa in terms of punctuality and overall services.

Reply to: Who is the best airline?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions