We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is the best airline?

Dortmund, Germany
Who is the best airline?

Hello, what do you think ist at moment the best airline?

34 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
1. Re: Who is the best airline?

Where are you flying to ?

Long haul or short haul ?

2. Re: Who is the best airline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:20 pm, June 21, 2014

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
3. Re: Who is the best airline?

And which travel class? There is hardly ONE best airline in general. But in a particular circumstance, there might be one best choice...

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 59
4. Re: Who is the best airline?

The best airline is the airline that offers the most direct routing.

Since I fly 90% of my flights domestically in the US, I am used to the terrible service for which there is no compasion between these carriers and other airlines. When good service is no where to be found, it's all about routing.

Portland, Maine
reviews: 89
5. Re: Who is the best airline?

For US travel, I remain loyal to Southwest - they do everything right, from low fares to free bags to easy flight changes. I had been unaware of them until 9/11 when I was stranded in Kansas City when planes were grounded. As the days went on, I had a difficult and frustrating time trying to find a flight home to New England. I couldn't get near any of the counters at the airport, so sat in my hotel room trying airlines on the phone. I had flown in on Northwest, but couldn't get a live person on the phone - same story with the other airlines I called - except Southwest. I got a very compassionate and competent person on the line, who soon had me booked and home. Since then, I've flown hundreds of flights with them as my go-to airline. "If it ain't Boein', I ain't goin'!"

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
6. Re: Who is the best airline?

Per Skytrax:

ANA, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, and Singapore Airlines.

Given the non-precise nature of the question, I think that's the best we can do....

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
7. Re: Who is the best airline?

... but Skytrax is known not to be fully objective... They notably filter the reviews and publish mostly those in line with their grading.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 44
8. Re: Who is the best airline?

Yeah but I think it comes down to the 'devil you know' - in that until something better or more consistently independant is established, its the best of what we have. Just like Forbes and AAA with hotel ratings.

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 44
9. Re: Who is the best airline?

best for what? Punctuality, cabin service, price, flexibility, cleanliness?

All depends on the criteria you judge an airlines' overall performance on for your own experience.

However, in my experience, Emirates, the Virgin Atlantic and the BA a close third.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 61
10. Re: Who is the best airline?

CX is good but recently tried SQ to Narita and i finally know why they are the best. However, found the cabin crews a little robotic. I need genuinely pleasant cabin crews

Reply to: Who is the best airline?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions