We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels tighten loyalty programs

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
Hotels tighten loyalty programs

Interesting article on the recent wave of hotel loyalty program point devaluations and updates. My opinion: Understand the rules and maximize your earnings/benefits to the extent you can based on your own travel patterns. Then, monitor your balances and redeem points when it makes sense. In general, I have low expectations, so anything beyond this is a "bonus".

bizjournals.com/bizjournals/blog/seat2B/2013…

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
1. Re: Hotels tighten loyalty programs

Thanks for the link.

I am among those who prefer immediate perks and recognition to points. So less pain for me (only Hilton could be an issue but it has never been my chain of choice although I stayed many times in one of them last year but it was linked to a specific assignment). The Gold/Platinum cards are furthermore often just a negotiation opener to get the best possible room!

On the reward side, we have little leverage. So the only thing to do is to manage the account as well as possible... So, yes, just a bonus...

2. Re: Hotels tighten loyalty programs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions