We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Dallas, Texas
Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Hi

Is it me or did you also have bad experience with the Accord Loyalty program Customer "Service"?

I've earned big number of points during the last 3 years...the 'Loyalty' concept, used NONE and now they have removed all points from my account because of no activity in the last 12 months! After multiple back and forth with customer service, I got NO CONSIDERATION at all, always same answer regarding commercial policy... why it is called "customer service"? I was always very polite wiht them but really had a bad experience with their customer service. Will for sure stop to go with Accord for my costly business trips!

Hope I'm the only one to face such a wall from Accord customer service!

Best regards

fabien

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
11. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Wow...what a discussion. I've reported some of the posts above, since I do think they are inappropriate and disrespectful. But, let me give you my perspective and one that is shared by many who discuss frequent flier / frequent guest programs. And, no, I do not work for ACCOR or have a reason to defend them. The concept is that the points/miles are not owned by you. They are, for lack of a better word, "rented" by you under the owners' full rules, terms, and conditions. You are basically entitled to nothing. If you are open to this concept, I'll attach some links that fully support it, including a couple from the Wall Street Journal and a legal discussion, so not some fly by night outfit.

…wsj.com/middleseat/…

longislandbankruptcyblog.com/protecting-freq…

…wsj.com/middleseat/…

executivetravelmagazine.com/articles/divorce…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
12. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

"We don't work for Accor hotels, and Accor is not paying us to post here. That's just plain ridiculous"

Yes, it appears to be a common practice with people with little to no posts and only post gripes. If they don't receive favorable responses from the hotel group, they'll simply choose another target to support an outcry, regardless of the incident.

From a neutral person within the industry, I must say that Accor hasn't exactly had a glowing reputation with their loyalty programs, but before anyone jumps up and down, I believe this to be the case with numerous hotel loyalty programs. Their Le Accor program is average at best and their Advantage Plus is only beneficial if you intend to spend an extraordinary amount on food & beverage.

Having said that, I have yet to hear consistent poor feedback about their service delivery, and I actually like many of their hotel products.

OP, If the conditions of the membership is not met, I don't understand how they have done wrong by you. By them declining to bend to your wishes, does not necessarily constitutive bad service.

If people are sincerely interested in the service standards and product of any hotel loyalty program, I would suggest they follow the Freddie Awards and reports and news. It is the only recognized hotel loyalty program award in the world.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
13. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

KVE,

Like for many things in life, there are objective and subjective criteria when it comes to like or dislike a program. Objective can only be IMV dollar value of points and perks (which is extremely difficult to calculate, chains doing their utmost to avoid comparability), the rest is subjective. I for instance value more immediate privileges (upgrades, executive lounge access, free minibar...) than rewards (tippically free nights). But for others it is different. So besides the kind of cases we have in this thread (that you are very well describing), we can find in the forums unhappy clients for all the programs simply because their subjective criteria were not met... Objectivity has little to do here...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
14. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Very true Swissdiver, fair call indeed.

Dallas, Texas
15. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

I cannot understand why the 'smooth landing' concept does not make sense for you. As experts in this industry, why is it so hard to agree with such customer oriented policy? again, any customer would find it as an improvement.

My point of disapointment with ACCOR is not even that, much more simple: I expected a judgment, quite basic. Removing really big amount of points from a account should ring a bell. If it does not at all, even after multiple discussions with their customer, there is a real issue.

I simply can not agree with ACCOR customer service that is similar to a voiced computer. Other hotel brands would have made another judgment based on comon sense with the situation I presented.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
16. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Fabien,

Whilst I completely understand your views, posting what occurred as a result of what distinctly appears to have been neglect on your part will receive little to no sympathy or support on this forum. I think that bothers you just as much as what transpired with Accor. You should understand that most of these business travellers are battle hardened experts in this field, dealt with many programs and earned their knowledge the hard way. The tone in which you posted, just happens to comes across as a mere gripe, from someone who believes they are clearly entitled to more. These types of posts normally triggers a wave of one off posts by persons who believe they've been hard done by, and really doesn't contribute in the long term to the well being of other travellers.

If in contrast, it were posted as an experience to the effect of "be careful" this is what happened to me, rather than an attack on the policies of a loyalty program, it may very well have been received a little softer.

That's just my thoughts.

reviews: 18
17. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Loyalty reward points or whatever. The ACCOR membership programme is blackened by there RUDE customer service. I find the only way to warn innocent persons of ACCOR neglect of sincere honest dealings is to write about it on Trip Advisor. Ie: Advising travellers NOT to use them or buy into there membership programme.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
18. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

1travel24,

It doesn't much when written in general terms. But something specific can help, like for instance a change in the program. Or asking a question that this forum participants can help solving.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
19. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

Btw, Fabien, Le Club Accorhotels won the Freddie Award, Program of the Year, Europe/Africa Hotel!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
20. Re: Accord "Loyalty" program ??

+1 Swissdiver

Get answers to your questions