We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Travel Car Hire

Kuala Lumpur...
Business Travel Car Hire

Can anyone suggest their top choices for car hire companies for business travel? I would normally use well-known brands when booking, but I have seen quite a few websites now offering similar class vehicles at much cheaper prices, like 30% cheaper in some cases when looking at http://www.daddycarhire.com.

I know these are just brokers, but they must source their vehicles from a local company, and being high end cars like Mercedes and BMW, most will come from big named companies and not the smaller independent companies who mainly cater for economy class vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if they have used any broker to book their vehicle for high end classes and what experience they had, or if they know of any broker when defiantly use well known brand.

Thanks,

Edited: 12:53 am, November 16, 2012
Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
1. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

90% of the complaints on TA are about 3rd part sites & brokers.

My Company uses Hertz exclusively. I've never had a problem with them, but then, I rent over 75 cars per year.

Whatever agency you use, be sure to sign up for their Elite Benifits program. As you build up your status, things get better.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
2. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

Stick with the majors. You'll get a consistent product, reliable vehicles, and hopefully no hidden surprises, charges or messed up reservations.

If you're getting a really cheap deal somewhere, chances are, you'll get service to match.

And like Jim says, do sign up for their elite program.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 282
3. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

Agree with both posts above. In Europe, you can add to the known international ones, http://www.sixt.com/ that is quite good as well.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

You can get BMW via Avis. I had a nice on in Vancouver a couple months ago.

Brazil, Indiana
5. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

I agree on the 2 first posts. Thank you also.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
6. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

In Europe, Autoeurope is a good third party broker offering cars from the major international companies (Hertz, Avis, Europcar, etc) with excellent service. Their rates could be cheaper than booking direct.

Be sure not to confuse Autoeurope (ends with an "e") with Autoeuropa (ends with an "a"). Autoeurop"a" has been known to have many service problems.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 2
7. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

We have just rented from Fox Car Rental and would strongly recommend against using them. We had to return the car 5 days earlier than planned but the company would not offer a part refund. That's $500 lost.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
8. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

If you buy a weekly or other time period rate at most any rental car company, the same applies. Always ask about the flexibility before renting if you think there is a chance you need to return it at a different time.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
9. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

tssearnslaw, car rentals are much like hotel rooms and airline tickets. The discounted and prepaid rates usually come with limited or no flexibility. The flexible agreements come with a higher price. It's a trade off that you need to accept. It's not the car rental agency's fault that your plans changed.

That's what your travel insurance is for.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
10. Re: Business Travel Car Hire

>>>>car rentals are much like hotel rooms and airline tickets. The discounted and prepaid rates usually come with limited or no flexibility. The flexible agreements come with a higher price. It's a trade off that you need to accept. It's not the car rental agency's fault that your plans changed.<<<<

That's actually how the third party sites operate. The cheaper rates you get are non-flexable, however, if you check some of the Rental Car sites, they sometimes have discounts on their flexable rentals. It still may be slightly higher, but will benifit you in the long run.

Also, consider stepping down on the car class. Do I really need a full size car when I'm alone with a single suitcase? Taylor the car to your needs, is what I'm saying.

Trying to save a few pennies usually results in spending more dollars.

Get answers to your questions