We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap business class airfares

Cheap business class airfares

Has anyone has experience (successful) with flyl4l.com?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Cheap business class airfares

I believe that they are one of the companies that gather other people's frequent flyer points and sell you a business class ticket created from them. This is strictly forbidden by most every airline loyalty program. If the airline in question gets even a whiff that you are using purchased flyer miles, your journey stops right there and then. You would likely lose any points you personally had with the airline, and you would have to buy a last minute ticket to fly or get back home.

Paid tickets offered by these places are usually no cheaper than what you could get directly from the airline, especially for business class travel.

2. Re: Cheap business class airfares

Good point

Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 40
3. Re: Cheap business class airfares

In my experience, the tickets are cheaper from such a vendor. A client bought a R/T Business Class ticket on South African Airways between Dulles and Johannesburg

for less than $4K. But...

1. It was screwed up. She called me from Dulles - because the ticket incorrectly showed the leg from Dulles to Dakar (for refueling) and the leg onward to JNB.

A very helpful agent at Continental (for these were Continental miles) got on the phone with the Continental FFmileage desk, and they changed it.. corrected it for both outbound and return flights.. And as it happens, never compared the name of the passenger (my client) to their data base of FF members.

2. It gets even more unusual. The client had an emergency appendectomy in Cape Town and her return was delayed by more than a week.

I then got on the phone with Continental FFmileage desk and they did their best

to get her back to Dulles. The best they could do was to Boston. But the client needed to return to LAX, and wasn't going to take a routing through Paris, and then still need to organize a flight to Los Angeles.

So - she just bought a 1-way Business Class ticket on Delta all the way to LAX.

No moral to this story.. just one relatively relevant.

Brazil, Indiana
4. Re: Cheap business class airfares

Thanks for this.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
5. Re: Cheap business class airfares

Has anyone used luxury for less airfares from Sydney to Europe

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Cheap business class airfares

Any recommendations for cheap business class airfares (legit) from Sydney to India

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
7. Re: Cheap business class airfares

When you say "legit", do you mean a ticket that the airlines can't cancel on you on a whim because the company selling them violated their terms & conditions? If that's what you mean, then the airlines directly are going to be able to offer you the best deal.

Here is my standard reply to this type of business:

There are many business who sell flights based on purchasing someone elses frequent flyer miles. They are usually cheap and, when they work, are a great deal. However, when buying from them you take on a risk: there is a risk that the airline might find out what you have done. They can then cancel your flights, and do not owe you anything. You will then have to spend a lot of money buying a last minute ticket to your destination (or worse, home). They may also require you to pay for any flight legs you have already taken and, if that is in First Class, those will not be cheap, either.

Will this always happen? No, of course not. Nobody knows the odds of whether or not it will. You will find folks posting who have had success with it, no doubt (some of them may be genuine, some may have a vested interest in the business). The question is whether or not that is a risk you are willing to take to save that money. Go into it with your eyes open, is my advice.

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Cheap business class airfares

That was really helpful, thanks, have made up my mind not to use the frequent flyer companies who buy the points and then on sell. Too much of a risk

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
9. Re: Cheap business class airfares

+1 TBNY.

Very sound and succinct advice.

I think it should be a 'sticky' on every forum.

10. Re: Cheap business class airfares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions