We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

Las Vegas, New...
Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

I have accumulated quite a significant amount of Marriott Rewards points.

I am looking for recommendations for where to redeem these points (within the USA and Canada only).

I typically like Marriott's full- service brands, so I would like to redeem at these brands only:

- Ritz Carlton

- JW Marriott

- Marriott full service

- Renaissance

- Autograph Collection

- possibly Gaylord Hotels

Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

Look at Vancouver, BC. There are two Marriotts across the road from one another (one is cheaper for awards) in the Coal Harbour area of the city center.

Another good place I've redeemed is at the Courtyard Soho in NYC... (ignore that this is a "courtyard"... it is NYC, and this is a great hotel).

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

Marriott Sawgrass, Hilton Head Marriott, Desert Ridge JW (Arizona), Renaissance Sonoma, Marriott Napa. As you can see, mainly the resorts and golf resorts, specifically.

Las Vegas, New...
3. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

Would it be a good idea to redeem points at these hotels?

- JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live

- JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes

- Renaissance Orlando at Seaworld

- JW Marriott Essex House New York

- New York Marriott Marquis

- Gaylord Opryland (after they participate in Marriott Rewards)

- Gaylord Palms in Orlando

- Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
4. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

I've stayed at Grande Lakes, it's nice. The Ren is nice in Orlando. I like the Marriott World Center, too (nice golf course there). I stayed at the Marquis a long time ago, no opinion. And the last time I stayed at the Opryland, I didn't think much (it's likely been renovated since). Only you can decide what a good redemption rate is for your points. Since, it seems like they are all high points these days. One thing I've done is to redeem points (available to elite only - E195) for gift certificates. Then use the certificates to pay for stays, getting more points. On lower cash rates, it works nicely.

https:/…inhotelextras.mi

flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1188112…

Las Vegas, New...
5. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

By "no opinion" on the NY Marquis, was there something bad with your stay I should be aware of before booking this hotel?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
6. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

By no opinion, I mean like 10-15 years ago and I can't recall specifically.

Las Vegas, New...
7. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

OK. Understood.

London, United...
8. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

I didn't anticipate abundant (it's acceptable been adapted since). Only you can adjudge what a acceptable accretion amount is for your points. Since, it seems like they are all top credibility these days.

9. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, November 09, 2012
Edited: 5:05 am, November 09, 2012
Phoenix
reviews: 12
10. Re: Good Marriott hotels for point redemption

Check out the JW Marriott Camelback Inn in Phoenix. It is rumored tone one of the favorites for Bill Marriott, and is mainly casita style rooms at foot of a mountain in Phoenix. Perfect travel season is winter (now).