We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room ratings

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Hotel room ratings

I am looking for a website that has a list of which rooms at a hotel are good and bad. A while back this was a great site so you did not get stuck near an elevator or ice machine. It would list what rooms are quiet and which had a view. Any help is appreciated.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Hotel room ratings

Look for "tips" in people's reviews on TA. That is where reviewers are encouraged to provide such information.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,317 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: Hotel room ratings

That's usually what I do, look at TripAdvisor reviews and try to make some rhyme or reason from them. I also look at expedia reviews, flyertalk and milepoint.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
21,729 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Hotel room ratings

I echo advice given in both above posts...............especially checking the "tips" section on TA for the hotel reviews

Edited: 10:53 am, October 16, 2012
Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Hotel room ratings

"while back this was a great site so you did not get stuck near an elevator or ice machine"

Seat guru is great for choosing a specific seat on a flight....that you can pre book a specific seat. It's rare that you can book a specific room at a non resort property prior to check in.

I have done the following that has worked for me on occasion in the past. When I check in I ask " hey...can I get a room away from the elevator and ice machine?"

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
5. Re: Hotel room ratings

Thank you for this.

6. Re: Hotel room ratings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions