We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room ratings

Chanhassen...
reviews: 21
Hotel room ratings

I am looking for a website that has a list of which rooms at a hotel are good and bad. A while back this was a great site so you did not get stuck near an elevator or ice machine. It would list what rooms are quiet and which had a view. Any help is appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
1. Re: Hotel room ratings

Look for "tips" in people's reviews on TA. That is where reviewers are encouraged to provide such information.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: Hotel room ratings

That's usually what I do, look at TripAdvisor reviews and try to make some rhyme or reason from them. I also look at expedia reviews, flyertalk and milepoint.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
3. Re: Hotel room ratings

I echo advice given in both above posts...............especially checking the "tips" section on TA for the hotel reviews

Edited: 10:53 am, October 16, 2012
Vancouver
reviews: 57
4. Re: Hotel room ratings

"while back this was a great site so you did not get stuck near an elevator or ice machine"

Seat guru is great for choosing a specific seat on a flight....that you can pre book a specific seat. It's rare that you can book a specific room at a non resort property prior to check in.

I have done the following that has worked for me on occasion in the past. When I check in I ask " hey...can I get a room away from the elevator and ice machine?"

Brazil, Indiana
5. Re: Hotel room ratings

Thank you for this.

6. Re: Hotel room ratings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013