We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Booking Companies

Singapore River...
Hotel Booking Companies

I booked Agoda for a hotel in Austria, I paid extra for the ability to cancell, unfortunately I got a Virus on my way to Vienna and had to divert to my sisters in London to recuperate, I cancelled booking intending to rebook, however Agoda informed me it would take 10 days for refund

After a month and many unansweres e mails and with My credit card, Mastercards assistance I finally got refynd, never again will I book with Agoda their responce to my e mails was pathetic. Iys great they kept my cash for a month gathering interest, nice earner for them.

British Airways refunded within 3 days, so why the wait, is this normal?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 181
1. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

<British Airways refunded within 3 days, so why the wait, is this normal?>

Pay a visit to the Bargain Travel forum and do a search on Agoda. I think you'll be amazed at the criticism. In fact, look up any of these 3rd party website based booking sites. Sure you save a few bucks initially, but customer service seems to be sorely lacking with many of them; especially when things go wrong. Just my opinion.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12290-Bargain_…

Houston, Texas
reviews: 169
2. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

Next time try booking directly with the Hotels. You'll get the best rates, and cancellation policies.

kathmandu
reviews: 4
3. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

for the hotel booking whl.travel is very good they offer a good rate and very quick response as well as safe to book with them.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 47
4. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

Booked hotel in France this week with Late Rooms. Got to hotel to find it fully booked and no record of anything from Late Rooms, despite me having a confirmation number. Complaints upon my return have fallen on deaf ears.

Best to use them as search facilities to find hotels and then book hotel direct.

5. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:36 pm, February 03, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 631
6. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

We only use www.booking.com for overseas or book direct with the hotel if they give the same rate. It's easier to deal with the hotel if something goes wrong than another website.

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 250
7. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

I have also found booking.com to be reliable. You pay when you stay (unless you chose a non cancellable option) and cancellations are done promptly as long as you adhere to their cancellation policy.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 631
8. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

Always read the fine print before booking your room...& make sure on the cancellation policy.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 169
9. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

My European Office uses booking.com. They've hooked me up with some pretty nasty places. Be sure to research the locations before booking.

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 250
10. Re: Hotel Booking Companies

Jim - that is unfortunate but is the fault of the people who do the booking not booking.com.

Get answers to your questions