We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental 8

Miami, Florida
Car Rental 8

Perhaps I made the reservation 72 hours before traveling, they wait until 8 hours before my trip to let me know that there was not availabilty for the car I choose. I never received an email nor phone call to let me know that. It was only after I called to inquire my final voucher, that I got that answer.

I do not recomend them anyway.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Car Rental 8

While some local companies are excellent, when travelling for business, you are usually best to stick with the big guys, be a member of their renter programs, and get reliable service. Attempting to save a couple dollars costs your company more, and provides you more hassle in the long run.

That said, I've never heard of Car Rental 8.

Westminster...
2. Re: Car Rental 8

which company it was and were?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
3. Re: Car Rental 8

GeoMedic said "That said, I've never heard of Car Rental 8."

I just checked them out. Seems they're a booking company. Sort of like an "Expedia" for rental cars.

Best to deal directly with the Rental Companies.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Car Rental 8

Thanks Jim. Why people go through middlemen when it is so easy to book direct with all the customer support that provides I don't know.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Car Rental 8

These middlemen are very good at deceiving the inexperienced traveler. They make it sound like a good deal.

WN is still getting away with this. I try to tell people to double WN's one way fares, and then check Round Trip prices with the other Airlines. They still won't do it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
6. Re: Car Rental 8

The only time I use a middleman for rental car is when using Priceline to bid, or when using Autoeurope. Otherwise, I just always book direct with the rental company.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
7. Re: Car Rental 8

I realise its rather late in the day, but just happened to find this topic on another forum. Enough said!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k3060470…

BTW: On 'my' forum, we frequently recommend using thrid party consolidators for car rental - but mostly for foreigners. This enables you to compare prices in a currency you are familiar with, and, particularly for rentals in the USA booked by non US citizens, it's far the best value way of getting the myriad insurances required for peace of mind and full protection. We do always recommend that people check what they are signing up for, which should always include cancellation terms.

SWT

Houston, Texas
8. Re: Car Rental 8

Yes indeed, when traveling to a foreign country, I sometimes check the "middlemen" then when I find the price I like, I go directly to the company web site to book..

9. Re: Car Rental 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, February 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions