My list of "needful" things I carry, above the usual toiletries, and clothes.
1. North American GPS.
2. European GPS.
3. Electrical Plug adapter set.
4. Extension Coard.
5. Chargers capable of operating on 220 volts.
6. Ramen Noodles & imersable water heater for late arrivals when food sources are closed. It holds you over till breakfast. Also instant Coffee, Creamer, and Sugar packets. Drink mix packets for bottled water if you prefer.
7. TV Shows & Movies on my lap top hard drive. Most countries won't have many English TV Channels.
8. A pocket flashlight is sometines handy.
9. I have a scan of my Passport and DL in my Android for emergencies.
10. Small Travel First Aid Kit.
Apps for Android or iPhone that are handy.
1. Flight Tracker will hold all your flight information with updates.
2. Lodging - Shows Hotels in your area.
3 DAT Trucker Services App (Free) For USA - Shows Truck Stops, Rest Stops, and Wal Mart Locations.
4. Currency Converter App.
5. Trip Advisor App.
I also carry my money in a clip seperate from my wallet. If one is lost or stolen, you'll have the other for back-up.