We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good briefcase/luggage combo

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 5
good briefcase/luggage combo

Has anyone heard of a good carry on bag that has a separate laptop bag that can be removed? I don't always want/need to take 2 separate bags on business travel. Another option would be a good stackable set that was 2 individual pieces (the ones I have don't stack well and end up falling off.). Any ideas?

uk
reviews: 73
1. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

I have a samsonite rollaboard and laptop bag combo where the laptop bag has a sleeve through which the pull out handle of the rollaboard slides through - stacks really well to allow rapid transit through the airport.

Bit like the one in this picture.

http://www.samsonite.co.uk/pro-tect-bailhandle-expandable-40-6cm-16inch-black/product-en.htm?or=6741150052&shs={4680cb6d-2569-4b66-b4b0-c2d0cb0aef07}

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
2. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

If you get a Bihn checkpoint compliant bag, you can remove the laptop section. When it is attached and in use it makes going through the checkpoints so much faster.

I have this one:

www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB1701

uk
3. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

GeoMedic - do you use this bag?

Do security agents appreciate that the lap top can stay in the bag or do you still have to take it out?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
4. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

I do use it. It is 100% accepted in the US and 30% accepted in Australia and about 10% in Singapore. Everyplace else it is a no-go and I have to remove the laptop.

uk
5. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

Thank GM,

Being UK based I think I'll pass at the moment. Can see the advantage if it were universally accepted.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
6. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

I understand. Maybe someday it will be fine. Security people outside the US have to run across this and similar bags. They don't know/accept that the laptop section is completely invisible on the machines.

Rumor has it that liquids will be allowed back on the planes soon, but who knows how soon "soon" is. Probably when oil gets so scarce that air travel will just go away.

7. Re: good briefcase/luggage combo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions