We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business travel

usa
Business travel

Can anyone say me which is the best time to get cheap flight tickets for business travel,because according to my view our goal is too get cheap airlines tickets and the airlines goals to sell the tickets in a expensive manner. According to my wish buy your airline tickets just after midnight on Tuesdays, because when airlines want to push through a fare increase, marking up their basic prices across the board usually by $5 or $10, they often do that on Thursday night, then watch to see if competitors match and if the higher rates stick over the weekend. If competitors balk, prices can be rolled back by Monday morning. .

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 50
1. Re: Business travel

Have you tried the Bing.com fare predictor? It is pretty good. Ive heard the same thing about Tuesday nights.

suitcaseready.com

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: Business travel

Great article here: …wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870406260457…

3. Re: Business travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, September 28, 2011
Edited: 1:35 pm, September 28, 2011
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Business travel

If you are concerned about $5-$10 on business class tickets, you are likely spending far more than that wrestling with when to buy.

London, United...
reviews: 19
5. Re: Business travel

It’s interesting that you do not actually say where you are leaving from and where you are going too.

However, if you wish to fly business at the cheapest rates, the best option would be to fly during low season, this would mean, if I was flying to Australia, from the UK, I would get the best deals during June, July, during their winters, available from February / March.

It’s also worth signing up for e-mail alerts with your preferred carrier or several others to keep informed of the latest special offers. You should do your homework beforehand to get a feel of the prices, so that you can easily spot a bargain and don't forget to add on the taxes.

Although, most carriers bump up the prices in August because this is peak travel period (here) and they know most people will travel regardless during school holidays.

Typically, you will also find special offers for Dubai is during the period when most Emiratis are leaving the UAE for more temperate climes because it’s just too hot. I recall someone who went on one of these deals, planning to spend all her time on the beach (not a good idea when the temperature is over 100F for four months mid summer) she suffered sun stroke.

Another thing to consider is departing and returning midweek as apposed to a Friday & weekends which are typically more expensive than weekend.

Good luck with your bargain hunt.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Business travel

Yes, I agree with you @DaleneValorie. Our goal is to purchase tickets on a relatively cheaper rate. But, what about transportation after or before your air trip? It may also cost a lot if you will not predict right service.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Business travel

According to me, the cheapest time to book your flight, all else being equal, is about eight weeks before you plan to leave. It is a good one-step rule.

8. Re: Business travel

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 17, 2011
9. Re: Business travel

Removed on: 4:35 pm, December 07, 2011
10. Re: Business travel

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:59 pm, December 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions