We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

UK
reviews: 16
Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

I flew recently with Qatar Airways between Melbourne and Nairobi. When I checked in at Melbourne Airport I had the misfortune to be quite ill with flu and on top of not feeling well I had problems with my ticket. Instead of being helpful and sympathetic the Australian staff working behind the counters sent me away 4 times to different counters to try and sort out my problem which took over an 1 1/2 hours. Once on board the plane I was put next to a small baby and on asking the cabin crew if I could be moved as I did not want to give the child my germs, I was rudely told that there was nothing they could do for me. All in all my flight from the moment of check in to when I landed was an absolute nightmare. Have other passengers had the bad luck of dealing with rude and unhelpful Qatar Airways staff?

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
1. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

You should really post on the Air Travel forum - might be interesting to see the general response.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

I know what my response would be, and it wouldn't be too friendly to the OP. Flying with the flu is irresponsible. I'd take rude and unhelpful any day over infectious. Rude and unhelpful doesn't cost me money. getting ill on a business trip costs tens of thousands. That should give a taste of what Air Travel forum would provide.

UK
3. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

I had no choice but to take that flight as the Volcanic ash had already delayed flights and I had to get to my destination before there were longer delays! That was still no excuse for the treatment I received!!! I have flown all over the world and this was the worst treatment I have ever received, especially at Check IN. The Australians are just plain rude and obnoxious..........

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

Did you at least wear a mask?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
5. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

>> The Australians are just plain rude and obnoxious.......... <<

As a nation, or just the ones you met at checkin?

UK
6. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

I meant only the Aussies at check in.....most Australians are pretty nice :)

7. Re: Qatar Ariways Check in at Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions