We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

Northern New Jersey
reviews: 108
best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

When "business casual" attire won't do, but you have a long flight, a long trip, and will be checking your baggage, what kind of suitcase is best to keep a business suit looking nice? We usually travel more casual with smaller, softer bags, but not this time. I remember my dad's Samsonite or Invicta hard-sided "two suiters" from the 1960s but I don't know if they make them any more. I don't mind spending a reasonable amount, but am not a fan of truly high-end luggage for many reasons and will not be looking at Hartmann, Vuitton, etc. Are there any other strategies? Maybe SeatGuru shows whether the plane has a hanging coat closet, and if it does, the suit could travel on a hanger in a garment bag (or board the plane wearing the suit, with casual clothing and a soft garment bag in the carryon, and then change into casual in the bathroom and put the suit on a hanger?) Jut flying in the suit is not an option on a long flight or redeye -- I am afraid it will become rumpled, stained or smelly.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
21. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

I pack my suits in a suit back (google Eagle Creek). I can get 3 suits in a pack and they are fine, even after long flights. I love my packing cubes, use them for everything.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
22. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

Eagle Creek makes good stuff... often found at TJMaxx for about 10 cents on the dollar, but you have to be lucky.

Washington DC...
reviews: 5
23. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

There is actually a company that makes luggage that lets you roll up your suits, it's called SkyRoll, www.skyroll.com. Their stuff is well designed and reasonably priced.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 493
24. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

I like Eagle Creek too.

shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-folder-15/d/1090

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel
reviews: 39
25. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

Ellemays forum on packing tips is full of wonderful ideas.

A tip from a friends grandmother many years ago for my first ever business trip...

Fold your business shirts with tissue paper in between, it adds stiffness and will stand up to long haul flights crease free. No need for a suit bag ever and minimizes the need to iron at your destination.

Ever seen a boutique store wrap business shirts? The tissue paper is used for a reason and it works!

Whitehorse, Canada
reviews: 1
26. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

https:/…20Tumi.pdf

Hello!

I realize that I am a bit off topic with this but since we are talking about luggage and everyone here seems to be a seasoned traveller, I hope I can get some help with my problem.

Cheers!

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 220
27. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

I would say that you need to replace the locks. IMHO locks are just for making sure your case does not open on the carousel and spill your clothes everywhere. Never put anything of great value in checked luggage.

PS - another time start a new thread with your question and you will get more replies. Many people do not respond to new posts on old threads.

28. Re: best luggage for keeping a good business suit nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions