We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyager class on Air France

Missouri
Voyager class on Air France

Has anyone flown voyager class and what are your thoughts. We are flying from the mid-west which is an 8-9 hour flight to Paris in Aug. We are mainly concerned with comfort rather than perks. We've been told that the seats are comparable to business class seats on other airlines.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mortemart, France
reviews: 18
1. Re: Voyager class on Air France

Good evening!Have flown business class on Air France from Paris to Shanghai,so around 11 hours.On the flight I saw what I believed to be "voyager class" and it's true there did seem to be more leg room,but if you look at some of the reviews it gets on another"travel site"e.g,seatguru or skytrax....Anyway,enjoy your flight!Bon voyage!

New York City, New...
2. Re: Voyager class on Air France

Hi

I am flying from JKK on 5/27 to France. I understand that the Voyager class has more room and is comfortable. I am 5'9" and need the leg room and comfort What do you think??

Kathlen

New York City, New...
3. Re: Voyager class on Air France

I need extra leg room and comfort while fluing so long.

Does the Voyager seats fit the bill??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
4. Re: Voyager class on Air France

Extended legroom seats do make life easier on long hauls. To me, it is worth the cost and it presents the most cost effective upgrade from standard Y.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 265
5. Re: Voyager class on Air France

Sorry to deliver such a disappointing news but "Voyageur" class @ AF is nothing more than coach class... Now it is a rather good one, but still coach (32.0" pitch, 18.0" width)...

"Premium voyager" is a bit better. Still not a business class by far, but more space (38.0" pitch, 19.0" width) and comfort.

Redlands, California
reviews: 2
6. Re: Voyager class on Air France

baileyde,

I just read your post about the Tauck Tour and wondered if you went. We are taking this same trip in 1 1/2 weeks and I have some questions about the tour and dressing for dinner and in Monte Carlo. If you wouldn't mind my e-mail address is orrf68@verizon.net. If you would e-mail me I can ask you certain information. Thanks Mel

Albuquerque
reviews: 13
7. Re: Voyager class on Air France

Went Voyager class the end of October 2011 from IAD to CDG. Planes were fine, the seating is certainly a step up from coach but the meal is what is delivered to coach and I ended up bringing my own onboard for the return flight. I have never come off an international flight hungry but I did on the flight over. Priority luggage worked IAD to CDG but the return was not the case as my luggage was the last out of the shoot!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
8. Re: Voyager class on Air France

"my luggage was the last out of the shoot"

I've found that on most of my TATL flights of late, especially coming out of LHR. I'm beginning to suspect that there is a Robinhood mentality going on in some places.

9. Re: Voyager class on Air France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions