We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

NJ
reviews: 179
Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

Recent trip to Romania included Continental fight from US to Zurich, Swiss Air to Bucharest. Return was Lufthansa to Munich, and I thought, Continental to US. US flight actually a Lufthansa code-share with Continental. Hard to complain about Business Class, but really nor world class service. Flight delayed two hours for maintenance-repair issue. Ironic when Lufthansa prides itself on engineering. Then menu choices were all heavy, carb-loaded selections. Not even close to healty choices. Guest Chef Menu featured a Luxembourg chef. No offense, but given it is a German airline, would have expected a German star chef. Actually not even offered the dessert with dinner, it just remained on the serving cart. Staff was omni-present, but impersonal and humorless. No "thank yous" upon leaving. On recent Business Class international trip with Continental, the head steward personally came and shook every traveler's hand and addressed them by name when thanking them for their business. Well done on his part. Lufthansa needs some help in this area, and in the kitchen. Had I known the flight would be Lufthansa, I would have flown another airline.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

And how did you like the business class seats? I prefer the CO 777 (and some 757's) flatbeds.

NJ
reviews: 179
2. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

This was a large Airbus - 2,1,2 in Business Class. Had the full recline seats, but flying westbound you should really try to stay awake, as I was supposed to land mid-afternoon. Agree the newer Continental ones with full recline are great. Again, hard to complain about Business Class until you see how well some crews handle the experience.

reviews: 24
3. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

Flying award first/business class RT Phx/Cairo March 6 return April 10. Have perfect itinerary on CO domestic and international with BMI and LHA to/from Cairo. Family wants to change dates and there are no saver flights on CO. I am resisting flying US Air, United or Lufthansa on the international leg (and we would also lose 1 free checked bag if not on Continental for the check-in) so can anyone back me up that the international flights on Continental are superior to United, US Air or Lufthansa? I made these perfect reservations Sept. 2 and avoided any east coast connections in March because of possible snow delay. No one supports my logic. We are emptying our Continental account with this award trip and, frankly, I want it to be a truly first class experience.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
4. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

Jean, You should have posted this as a new thread instead of tagging it on to a *very* old thread that has little to do with your questions. It will cause confusion and drop new email into the original poster's email box.

Please delete it and post as a new thread.

(CO from a density and comfort level in business is certainly preferred over the other airlines,, but it depends on the aircraft other bits to follow, if you post separately)

Baku
5. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

I'd rather swim than fly United. But now that they are one, your Continental flight may surprise you with a United plane. It's happened to me.

reviews: 24
6. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

I have the same feeling. I also feel the same about their flights with US Airways. It took great effort and daily checking to get on a CO flight to Houston (avoiding any chance of snow delay in early March) for our first leg as 98% of the flights were US Air or United. Landed a flight on a commuter flight, but still better than United.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
7. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

"...your Continental flight may surprise you with a United plane. It's happened to me."

Welcome to the forum Doxiequeen.

Now a correction... Continental and United are still operating as unique entities. The CO aircraft are staffed by CO employees and UA employees are on UA aircraft. Pretty much all the CO aircraft have now been repainted with "United" on the side.

In Houston, the United metal is limited to about three gates and most flights are smaller CRJ's. US has two or three gates over in Terminal A. The vast majority of flights in and out of IAH are CO flights.

NY
8. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

I work for a large IT company, http://flvtoaviconverter.org, and I have to travel for business frequently. I always fly with Lufthansa (business class), and I am pretty content with it, as the main thing for me is safety, and Lufthansa is considered to be one of the safest and most stable airlines over the world.

9. Re: Lufthansa - Continental code-share flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions