We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No longer using Hilton Honors

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 61
No longer using Hilton Honors

I will no longer be using my Hilton Honors membership card - refer to the link below for an open letter written to the CEO of Hilton Worldwide - - -

…blogspot.com/2010/02/hilton-honors-amendmen…

83 replies to this topic
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
61. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

I like the peso analogy, GM. Yes, our ever dwindling (our choice) Hilton points become increasingly useless. We have enough left for perhaps one more free night - but where we can use it becomes smaller and smaller by the minute. Just tried to spend them for a night in the back of beyond and found it wasn't enough, but it was a relatively smart property. Will try and spend them before the middle of this year, then we will happily kiss goodbye to the few points left.

As well as the points being worth less, the perks you used to get at their hotels when using free nights seem to have vanished as well. No invites to cocktail hours or drinks vouchers, either.

SWT

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 256
62. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

I stay in alot of hotels that do not give points in loyalty schemes so I view the Hilton points I receive as i am getting something for nothing, and which I might be able to take advantage of.

At various times I have held elite status in the Hilton, Starwood, Accor and Marriott schemes and view the perks from these schemes as nice to haves but not enough to drive my behaviour on which hotel I choose to stay at.

I have 100K of Hilton points which I'll probably transfer to an airline scheme

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 89
63. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

Also wrote to CEO of Hilton Honors Worldwide and never received a response; not even a stock letter. Had situation where rooms weren't being credited. Customer service took care of some but unable to go back more than a year. They slapped my hands for not having checked their statements. Wow! "Great" way to treat customers. My response is....No more Hiltons. Get far better treatment from Marriott, Preferred and Hyatt. .

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
64. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

I've been staying a lot in Hiltons this year so far (in fact I'm in one all last week and this week). I rarely if ever get the Diamond benefits/upgrades I'm supposed to get. Now with their devaluation (they were already peso-ish) there is little to keep me. Hyatt and Marriott will benefit.

Edited: 3:49 am, April 08, 2013
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 24
65. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

When I tried to read the item at the link I received the message "This blog is open to invited readers only." I hope you post this where it can be read.

(The link posted is: …blogspot.com/2010/02/hilton-honors-amendmen… )

Edited: 5:03 pm, April 08, 2013
UK
reviews: 84
66. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

No invites to cocktail hours or drinks vouchers, either.

======

Stayed at a Hilton in Liverpool UK this week, was bumped up to club room (i am gold) , free drinks and snacks 6-8pm.

Charlotte, North...
67. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

I have about 100k points too. How do you transfer to airline?

Charlotte, North...
68. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

Couldn't open your message. Only available to invited readers.

UK
69. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

I have about 100k points too. How do you transfer to airline?

========

You do it yourself. This website will tell you whats possible

www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/

You will generally find the transfer gets you a very poor exchange rate and you are better off doing something such as booking a few hotel nights. For example, 100,000 HIlton points gives you 9,000 American miles. That would cost about $250 if you bought them directly.

I would think you could get much better value in hotel nights with the points directly, so unless you just need those extra miles to get a flight you've been saving up for, using them directly is almost always going to be better.

UK
70. Re: No longer using Hilton Honors

p.s. to what I wrote, if you don't need those 9,000 miles for something specific, eg you always have some miles left over in your FF account anyway, then transferring them would be a complete waste, and you'd be far better off using them for a hotel stay.

Reply to: No longer using Hilton Honors
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions