We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with BA Business Class Seating

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 107
Help with BA Business Class Seating

I have checked out seatguru.com and I am still confused. We will be on a four class plane from JFK to Kenya, stopping in London. The business class seats are 2-4-2. Seat Guru suggests booking the two center seats (leaving one seat on each side) if you are traveling as a couple. These are both rear facing seats. Can anyone confirm that these are the best seats to book?? Someone else suggested that I try and book two aisle seats, across from each other.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

If you are on the 777 (which it sounds like you are) then the seating options aren't drastically different from eachother. I usually go for 10A/B or J/K with my wife as they are nearer the front of the cabin for a quick immigration exit.

The rear facing seats in the middle are quite good in that they are private with no need to step over other passengers to get out to the aisle. However, you are near the front of the premium economy cabin, only a thin bulkhead away from where the bassinet positions are located so your chances of ending up with a loud baby there are increased.

If you want a window view just make sure to avoid 12A and 12K as these seats have a missing window right next to your head. There is one in 15A/K as well but they are a bit further behind your head.

If you are on a 747 across the pond then ignore the above and go for the upper deck. It beats the hell out of the 777 and makes such a difference. So much so that if I end up on a route where it is operated by the 777 then I'm certainly more inclined to go for First, as opposed to my usual Club World. On the 747 I'm not nearly so fussy, obviously First is better but the best Club World seats (which I can often pre-assign) as very nearly as comfortable and private as F.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 107
2. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

To London we are on the 747 so we will try for the upper deck. On the to/from Kenya we are on the 777. If the seats you suggest are not available would you suggest seats E and F in any of the rows?? This is what seatguru recommends.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

If the seats you suggest are not available would you suggest seats E and F in any of the rows?? This is what seatguru recommends.

No, I find them too confined with little personal space for the storage of personal and given (like menus, washkits etc) items. Plus I prefer window seats, but it is all a preference thing. One man's privacy is another man's claustrophobia....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
4. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

I realize that TA owns Seat Guru, but I was recently turned on to seatexpert.com. It's a similar user-submitted comment site that reviews seat configurations. Sorry to TA, but I use both to help me.

UK
reviews: 88
5. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

We just flew E and F as a couple on a 747(I think), it was 2-4-2 with the central 2 rear facing,my first experience in BA business for years) and didn't like the clambering over the outside seat when you got up, plus as a previous poster indicates it was a slightly closed in feeling with not much storage room (there is a little pull out draw but thats it.

I would try for a window/aisle pair, after all its your SO you are travelling with so its not a problem you are staring directly at them (and you can always put the divider up :-)

6. Re: Help with BA Business Class Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions