We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

USA
reviews: 12
United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

I will be taking my first business trip to Australia this fall. The boss has authorized me to go business class. From what I have read it would seem that Qantas Premium Ecomony would be a better experience than United business class. I have read a lot of negative reviews about United Business class and the United Busness lounge at LAX has been described as "nasty" more than once. Qantas business class is beyond the budget. Any advice on which I should choose?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
1. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

Check with United to see if your flight has the new business class seats installed. I haven't flown UA in years but with the new flat seats, they should be preferred than QA's Premium Economy.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 53
2. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

I flew UA BC from HKG to SIN and it was quite nice.. Large screen personal entertainment systems, side seat storage.

Then I flew it BEI to ORD and it was the older seats, with the little entertainment units in the armrests.

From what I see Quantas PE is about equal to flight #2, while the newer BC is way superior.

On a secondary note, at least you get lounge access with BC, nasty or not...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 576
3. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

I'm a big fan of the Premier Economy Class with Qantas. IMHO its far superior than United Airlines business class/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
4. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

Qantas Premium Economy is a decent product for its category. United's old Business Class seat was a poor product for its category, and the new seat very good.

That said this is a bit like that adage about buying a house. Better to buy the worst house in the best neighbourhood than the best house in the worst.

United's business class is still a proper business class seat with 15" more legroom than Qantas PE offers.

The Red Carpet Club at LAX (and pretty much all the other Red Carpet Clubs) are crappy but you only have to spend an hour or so in them unless your flight is horribly delayed.

IMO go for United, score an upper deck seat and don't look back.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
5. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

Agreed there, if you can book upper deck on that flight, its a no-brainer for United. The noise level and service will be superior..

6. Re: United Businees class or Qantas Premium Ecomony?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions