We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Honors program changes

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 5
Hilton Honors program changes

Has anyone noticed the change Hilton Honors has implemented in their loyalty rewards program, moving qualifying stays and credits earned towards VIP status on a CALENDAR year vs. the rolling 12 month period that they used to do? I just got my new card and I was downgraded a couple of levels because of this new policy. Granted, their previous rule was probably more generous than other loyalty programs that track on a Jan-Dec period, but I saw no advance notice or outreach surrounding this change. It seems they just slipped it in as a way to tighten the way members can become eligible for different tiers of status. Has anyone complained to Hilton about this? Have they responded? Any suggestions on voicing one’s concern and displeasure over this change?

This no doubt affects everyone enrolled in the Hilton Honors program (business and leisure travelers alike) so I invite all members to respond and provide feedback. Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 200
1. Re: Hilton Honors program changes

My recollection of my 15 active years in the program is that it was never on a rolling 12-month basis but always on a fixed 12-month period. I also always knew about my status towards renewal of my Gold or Diamond status by simply looking at monthly statements so there was never any question about where I stood for requalifying.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 44
2. Re: Hilton Honors program changes

They announced the change back about a year ago. Ostensibly, it was simply too confusing for a lot of people and was resulting in the issuance of a lot of different cards since status changed more often (not only could you roll on to status at any point in the year, you could also roll off at any point).

I received at least one email, and there were several notes online.

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Hilton Honors program changes

thanks much

4. Re: Hilton Honors program changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, December 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions