We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northwest Airlines - Business Class - Poor service/quality

South East
reviews: 2
Northwest Airlines - Business Class - Poor service/quality

I recently travelled with Northwest Airlines to Los Angeles via Detroit from London Heathrow in Business Class. Whilst the space onboard is excellent; everything else is very 2nd class standard.

I was served an omelette breakfast which was beautifully described by the cabin crew and I quote 'bland with no taste!' on my flight to Detroit. I couldn't agree more - what a totally disappointment.

The fine dinning service continued down the same road for the rest of the flight to be totally honest. No service was offered after the breakfast meal until 45 minutes before landing. It you wanted a drink or a snack - it was a "help yourself" service - was that to allow the cabin crew time to read the magazines onboard - o yes!! Is this the service offering in business class these days! Snacks consisted of packets of crips, nuts and fruit .... by this time I am wondering what is left to surprise me!!

The meal before landing consisted of the left over meats/cheeses from the breakfast platter .... guys at Northwest - you are really missing the plot!

The food on the flight from Detroit --> Los Angeles was at least edible.

I have travelled with other airlines in business class - I really would consider travelling with someone else next time and I would recommend you do the same if you are reading this posting.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Northwest Airlines - Business Class - Poor service/quality

Oh no! I will be travelling Business Class from AMS to DTW then on to Nashville next month. Although I have flown this route before it has always been on KLM planes and never on NW.

Let's hope that your experience was a "one-off"; I shall report accordingly!

P.S. I hope that at least you were offered champagne on entering the plane!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
2. Re: Northwest Airlines - Business Class - Poor service/quality

cbr--

I'd be sure to note this in a letter to the airline.. I will tell you that letters that have specific, verifiable information on sub-standard service onboard are indeed addressed by airlines.. While your letter should be brief and to the point, I would mention quotes (who said what and why) and times (how long you waited for something).. Premium passengers should never be left to "fend for yourself" unless it's a designed service-- like BA's 'raid the larder' between service self-service snack cart or something similar..

3. Re: Northwest Airlines - Business Class - Poor service/quality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, November 07, 2009