We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class Fares

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 54
Business Class Fares

How do airlines justify the massive discrepancy between Business Class and 'economy'?.... I would never dream of paying the difference for the benefit of having a separate room to sit in at the airport and a slightly wider seat .... is the exclusivity worth the difference? Perhaps I'm just mean though!

The best example was sitting on a BA flight one row back from business/first class separated from the posh people by a curtain... same seats, same stewards but provided with hot food!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 499
21. Re: Business Class Fares

I just flew Sydney to Amsterdam in business class and it was absolutely fantastic. I slept for 7hrs and woke feeling refreshed and ready to go !

The trouble with BC is once you have experienced it, you never want to go back to EC.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
22. Re: Business Class Fares

With the downturn in the economy, look for business class fare promotions from the airlines. I just completed a HKG to USA run. We got a promotional roundtrip fare on Cathay Pacific business class for under US$3,000, including taxes, by using Vancouver as the entry/exit point. The rest of the seven flights were flown domestically using AA or US Airways in economy and those trips added about $1,500. We saved about 50%.

If we had flown to US-based cities, the minimum business class fare would have been $4,000, and even up to $6,000 in some cases so it was a great deal.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 28
23. Re: Business Class Fares

I have just returned from a trip to Nashville on Business Class with North West/KLM, and found yet another reason for flying BC...my 80 year old mother!!

Because we flew BC, she was able to sleep better, had a much more pleasant flying experience and hardly suffered from jet lag. Her previous long haul flights to Australia and the US had put her off the idea of long haul travel - now she thinks otherwise! Problem is, I can see my inheritance being spent on BC tickets now!! ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 499
24. Re: Business Class Fares

Stuietoo good on your mum !!

atlanta
reviews: 14
25. Re: Business Class Fares

Price difference can be like 4 to 1 for Bus. to economy on international flights. I agree with others that there is no doubt that it is like night and day to fly business on a long haul flight versus the awful experience of 11 hours of coach on a crowded flight. It saves you a day of recovery time whereever you go. However, I would be hard pressed to ever pay that much of my own money but love to use miles or get upgraded. I wish the airlines would offer more discounted bus. class fares. Also if economy cabin is empty, its definitely never worth the price to fly businses when you can spread out on 2 or 3 seats in the back.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
26. Re: Business Class Fares

Hi,

I'd agree with the previous poster... If I can get a row of 5 in the center section of a B77X, then I'm almost as good as a C-Bus or F-First flatbed seat.

As an airline employee I'm always pleasantly surprised when I get lucky enough to snag an empty Business or First seat on my long haul flights...

The food too! I never walk away from an international Bus or First flight hungry... never ever... Between the multi-course main meal and the mid-flight snacks and the arrival service, plus all the other "ad-hoc" servings that seem to linger around the galley, it's impossible not eat your way half way to your destination...

But, as the previous poster said, you can be almost equally happy with some decent bring-onboard food, plus a whole empty row to yourself...

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 28
27. Re: Business Class Fares

"...If I can get a row of 5 in the center section of a B77X, then I'm almost as good as a C-Bus or F-First flatbed seat.."

Big 'If' these days, I suggest! And what about having to fasten your seat belt through half an hour of light turbulence when you're trying to sleep?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
28. Re: Business Class Fares

Hi,

Extend the belt to its' maximum length, then loop the male side of the belt under yourself and have the other end come over the top of either your legs or body..

29. Re: Business Class Fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions