We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

Nashville, Tennessee
27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

I am 27 and in desperate need of a vacation for mental sanity! I cannot travel until January 2015 but I have no clue where to go so I am starting the search now. I live in TN and want to go to a beach for 4-5 nights, so I don't want the travel time to be too long. What are some safe, fun, relaxing locations for a single girl to travel to during that time of year?

6 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
1. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

Catherine J,

welcome.

You may want to state a budget so others will have an idea on how far or where to go.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
2. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

Hi,

Do you have a passport?? Are you willing to leave the USA? There are beaches in many different countries in the Caribbean, Mexico and of course beaches here in the USA>

In winter the warmest USA beach areas are around Florida and in Hawaii.

Other than that I'd either go to the Caribbean or Mexico.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 6
3. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

Maybe Fort Myers, FL or Miami...

Nashville, Tennessee
4. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

I do have a passport and am willing to leave the USA. I was thinking about somewhere in the Caribbean but I have never been so wasn't sure what the weather is like that time of year or where exactly to go. I don't want to end up at a very romantic location targeted at couples or somewhere with a ton of children since I will be traveling solo, I want to have somewhere with a fun atmosphere where I can hang out at a bar on the beach but I also want to have some peaceful down time. I am thinking my budget for flight/hotel will be around $2,000

Mexico City, Mexico
5. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

Well, Florida obviously would be closest and cheapest. You can't afford to travel solo to one of those all inclusive beach resorts with your budget, but you could get a middle range hotel in the center of Cancun, where you'd need a bus or taxi to hit the beach, though they have pools. BUT, downtown Cancun is party city for folks in their 20s. As long as you exercise caution (not going off anywhere with one guy and especially a group of guys, no matter how cool), you'll have fun, and you can hit the beach daily (in the afternoons, I expect).

Balikpapan...
6. Re: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip

hi catherine,

try to travel to bali, indonesia,

near kuta beach there are a lot of cheap hotel about $20 / night

in midnight there are a lot of bar or pub

eat indonesia food start from $1

i can help you

Reply to: 27 traveling alone for a short beach trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted