We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Hi all

I'm looking to go dublin in January for a three night stay.. I've got flights and the hotel in mind and its under £300.00 which I am very happy with. I have heard it is expensive in dublin so I just wanted a rough idea of how much you would recommend I'll need?? I will need money for eating out two/three times a day, I will most likely be going to cheap restaurants and not anything fancy and I would like to go on one or two trips.. The Guinness factory being one of them. The hotel is in dublin city centre so I don't think I will be spending much on travel unless I choose to travel out somewhere

I hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

I think youcan quite easily spend around £200. Dublin is expensive.

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

For three nights? I was expecting more to be honest

Thank you

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
3. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

I agree with london, £200 it'll be enough if you go as you say to the cheapest restaurants, it all depends on what you want to do, but remember that £1 right now is 1.2 Euros, so 240 Euros should be enough.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
193 reviews
4. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

There is a wide range of dining options, from fast food to fancy sitdowns to pubs. Take a look at the Dublin local forum (see link below) - if you are on a laptop or pc (not mobile) there is a Top Questions list on the right side of the page and one item is Visiting Dublin on a Budget, which you might want click.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186605-i90-Dublin…

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Ok brilliant

Is the Guinness factory in the city centre??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
193 reviews
6. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The Guinness tour requires a little walking to get to - from most places in city centre.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186605-d1…

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The Guinness Factory is one of the stops on the Hop On Hop Off bus tour. The entry fee also includes a half pint of Guinness, or a soft drink.

Dublin is an expensive city, but if your hotel includes a traditional Irish breakfast, you could probably get by with a light lunch. Bewleys is a coffee/restaurant chain, the prices are reasonable, and the food is good.

From the airport, you can get fast frequent buses straight into the city, so there is no need get a taxi. It's cheaper to buy a return ticket than a single.

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Get a bus ticket, infact most places you walk around but buses are great too.

SW of England
Level Contributor
62 posts
9. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The cost is on par with London, it really depends on what you like to do. I enjoyed walking around the cobbled streets at night, didn't cost a penny

10. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 18, 2014