We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Crayford, United...
reviews: 10
How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Hi all

I'm looking to go dublin in January for a three night stay.. I've got flights and the hotel in mind and its under £300.00 which I am very happy with. I have heard it is expensive in dublin so I just wanted a rough idea of how much you would recommend I'll need?? I will need money for eating out two/three times a day, I will most likely be going to cheap restaurants and not anything fancy and I would like to go on one or two trips.. The Guinness factory being one of them. The hotel is in dublin city centre so I don't think I will be spending much on travel unless I choose to travel out somewhere

I hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
london
reviews: 5
1. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

I think youcan quite easily spend around £200. Dublin is expensive.

Crayford, United...
2. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

For three nights? I was expecting more to be honest

Thank you

Gosport, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

I agree with london, £200 it'll be enough if you go as you say to the cheapest restaurants, it all depends on what you want to do, but remember that £1 right now is 1.2 Euros, so 240 Euros should be enough.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
4. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

There is a wide range of dining options, from fast food to fancy sitdowns to pubs. Take a look at the Dublin local forum (see link below) - if you are on a laptop or pc (not mobile) there is a Top Questions list on the right side of the page and one item is Visiting Dublin on a Budget, which you might want click.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186605-i90-Dublin…

Crayford, United...
5. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Ok brilliant

Is the Guinness factory in the city centre??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
6. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The Guinness tour requires a little walking to get to - from most places in city centre.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186605-d1…

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
reviews: 58
7. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The Guinness Factory is one of the stops on the Hop On Hop Off bus tour. The entry fee also includes a half pint of Guinness, or a soft drink.

Dublin is an expensive city, but if your hotel includes a traditional Irish breakfast, you could probably get by with a light lunch. Bewleys is a coffee/restaurant chain, the prices are reasonable, and the food is good.

From the airport, you can get fast frequent buses straight into the city, so there is no need get a taxi. It's cheaper to buy a return ticket than a single.

london
reviews: 5
8. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

Get a bus ticket, infact most places you walk around but buses are great too.

SW of England
9. Re: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??

The cost is on par with London, it really depends on what you like to do. I enjoyed walking around the cobbled streets at night, didn't cost a penny

Reply to: How much spending money for three nights in dublin??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted