We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Tour

Dublin
reviews: 39
Hiking Tour

Hi

Can anyone recomend/used a group mainly for solo's for hiking not general walking. Im very open to anywhere in europe, preferably in september.

I do appreciate this is mainly for people travelling alone but am finding this a bit tough to locate.

Thankyou

10 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 58
1. Re: Hiking Tour

I am a hiker fanatic. I had hiked mostly in Asia. I thought the Jungfrau region in Switzerland or the French Alps region would be awesome

Dublin
2. Re: Hiking Tour

sorry, should have emphaised, im looking for recomendations of groups/companies that people have either heard are good or have had good experience.

thankyou

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 80
3. Re: Hiking Tour

Hiking is very specific cl. When you say not walking but hiking what exactly do you mean?

I don't think you would find a hiking group mainly for solos. You mention 3 criteria. 1)hiking 2)solos 3)Europe. That would be a niche market and unlikely to get enough people to travel. Especially when they would all have to have holiday at the same time.

So if you could clarify what you require in the way of hiking we could help you search.

Edited: 7:14 am, July 30, 2013
Dublin
4. Re: Hiking Tour

sorry for the exterme vague question. I dont want a week of "gentle 2hr country walks". prefer to be off the beaten track a bit, mountains with fun thrown in!

no insult intended but would like to be in agroup maybe active 30s/40s upwards. again, trying not to generalise, so apologies in advance

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 593
5. Re: Hiking Tour

http://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/

have a look at this company.I have done several holidays (Italy,Russia,Baltic states,Crete,Czech Republic) with them.Its not a singles company but do some single holidays.most of the groups I have been with have been a good mixture of singles and couples though the age group does tend to be 30-60 with the 40-60 age group being more common.They do several specific under 40's holidays too.

6. Re: Hiking Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:48 pm, August 05, 2013

7. Re: Hiking Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:48 pm, August 05, 2013

Surrey, U.K.
8. Re: Hiking Tour

In May this year I went to Crete on a walking holiday with Solos. Twenty one in the group, ages ranged from 40-ish to mid- seventies. This holiday was classed as "easy" walking and was usually around three hours of walking with ups and downs, the "medium" and "difficult" holidays would be longer/more strenuous. Several people on the holiday were repeat Solos customers, it was my first but I would definitely go again.

Also been on a walking holiday with Exodus (to the Amalfi Coast). Group size of sixteen....four couples, two friends and six singles. I think the mix is probably fairly typical of an Exodus trip. Again, several repeat customers and I would go again.

Dublin
9. Re: Hiking Tour

thanks a mill for that comment, perfect for what i wanted to know re: average ages and wether soley for "singles".

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 285
10. Re: Hiking Tour

If you want a real hidden gem, consider Ukrainian Carpathians. Incredibly beautiful in autumn:

myreport.com.ua/fotoreportazh_big/pryroda/ka…

Reply to: Hiking Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted