We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Male 31, First time traveling alone.. Location Ideas??!!

New Jersey
Male 31, First time traveling alone.. Location Ideas??!!

Whats up everybody?

So I pretty much decided that I want to take my next vacation on my own. Any ideas where to go? Im from New Jersey and live in Cali so nowhere in the US.

I want to be able to explore but also do the beach as well.. Ive already done the Caribbean, Europe etc.. I was thinking maybe Thailand this time, I never been out that way.

I appreciate you guys feedback.

Thanks!

Kev

12 replies to this topic
Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 62
11. Re: Male 31, First time traveling alone.. Location Ideas??!!

Hi,

I think Thailand is a great choice but check the time of the year you are going to be sure weather will be nice. I prefer the areas of Koh Tao/Koh Samui/Koh Phangnam.

Take care and have a nice trip!

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 68
12. Re: Male 31, First time traveling alone.. Location Ideas??!!

I absolutely unequivocally second what the prior post with the "airborne" badge said about Colombia. It has beaches. It has mountains. It has cities. It has beautiful little colonial towns. It has incredible food that is both recognizable and tastes completely different from anything you get stateside. It is relatively cheap to fly to. Flights aren't much longer than a cross-country trip. Plus it is much safer than it used to and it is much safer than it's reputation. Which means it doesn't get the tourist hordes of a number of other places. It is a much more do-able 8-day vacation than Europe or, especially, Asia.

Pair Bogota and Cartagena for a great 8-day trip. Or if you want some beach time, add or substitute in Santa Marta.

Reply to: Male 31, First time traveling alone.. Location Ideas??!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted