We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Jersey
reviews: 8
Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Has anyone used the site Travel Buddy or similar to find a travel partner? Any success or horror stories? I am considering using the site to find a travel partner for an upcoming trip to Italy, but I'd like some insight first.

Thanks!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
1. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Would you use a computer site to find a roommate in your home city?

To me using a site to find a travel companion is the same sort of thing that I would not do!

It is hard enough to travel with a good friend or a relative you know well than to try to travel with a total stranger.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
reviews: 68
2. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Hello TravelGurl and welcome to the solo forum.

I'm not sure that this forum can really help you about websites for travel buddies, as most posters here are solo travellers, sharing their knowledge and experience of travelling on their own.

If you have questions about what it's like to travel as a single person in Italy, I'm sure that other posters in this forum would love to help you.

Many solo travellers also visit the tripadviser forums for the destinations they are travelling to , to get up to date local information, suggestions, prices etc. This may lead you to meet some other travellers who may be in your intended travel area at the same time.

There are also individual forums for the big tourists cities, like Rome, Florence and Venice too.

If you have some concerns about what it's like to travel solo, then please don't worry about asking for advice here. At some stage, we all had to take that first solo trip, and can empathise with you.

3. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, May 16, 2013
Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

I do know of one site, do a search for “Companions to Travel” I think they charge about £5.00 a month (which I think is a rip off). I also think they do socials to get to know the person/people you are intending to travel with.

Hope this helps, John.

droitwich spa
reviews: 21
5. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Try www.thelmaandlouise.com

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

The great thing about going online for your search is that you can find people who live anywhere in the world, and have the same destinations as you. Just use a little common sense while on your search and everything should fine, you are not looking for your next spouse anyway :)

You can try the following site:

vivitrip.com

Be sure to get know the persons well by exchanging private messages, reading their trips, etc.

7. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, February 04, 2013
Cape Breton Island...
8. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Hi,

Wondering if you had any luck finding a travel buddy. I was kinda searching the same thing.

9. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:34 pm, February 04, 2013
Edited: 11:34 pm, February 04, 2013
Jersey
reviews: 8
10. Re: Sites to Find a Travel Buddy?

Thanks for the replies everyone! @ Prosper86, I have not found a travel buddy yet, I honestly have not had a chance to check out any of the great site suggestions listed here, but I will do that soon. Good luck with your search!

Edited: 12:51 pm, February 05, 2013