We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

Nelson, New Zealand
reviews: 3
visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

I am a female aged 54 travelling first time to uruguay in feb for 10 days.I would like to visit an estancia ?has anyone been to Guardia del Monte recently near Rocha and how much does it cost per night to stay on an estancia and ride?I would also like to go to Punta del Diablo -can anyone recommend a nice place to stay for about US$50 a night.?I arrive in Montevideo on feb 6th -can anyone recommend a good quiet at night hostel or B+B to stay for a few nights and do I need aircon in my room? thanks

5 replies to this topic
London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 23
1. Re: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

Welcome to the Solo Travel Forum.

I am always amazed at the breadth of knowledge on this forum, but you might also ask such a destination-specific questions on the Uruguay Travel Forum:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294064-i4294-Ur…

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
2. Re: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

It is many years since I traveled to Uruguay so I can't recommend any places to stay. But, I highly suggest that you spend some time in Colonia del Sacramento. It is a very interesting, historical town.

Nelson, New Zealand
reviews: 3
3. Re: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

Thanks .Susie ,that is definitely on my list

san francisco
4. Re: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

I AM visiting Uruguay in late January early February

We arrive from Buenos Aires to Colonia--should we stay just one night, and WHERE??? iDEAS?

We want to also go to Montivideo and Punta Del Este-----how many days each? and can we get to Punta Del Est from Colonia and then to Montivideo

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 80
5. Re: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay

Sheri, see Post 1. It has the link to the Uruguay forum in blue. They have all the latest up to date info.

Pop you're post there.

Reply to: visiting uruguay in feb 2013 for 10 days?places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted