We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best single ski holiday options

Cardiff, United...
Best single ski holiday options

Hi all,

I am about to book my first solo holiday and have decided to go skiing; been once before quite a few years ago so class myself asa beginner.

I'm quite daunted by the choice of operators and mixed reviews on solo travel experiences for some tour operators so your help would be appreciated.

My criteria is to be in a group of the same skiing ability (i.e.not very good!) with a room of my own, ideally a chalet or hotel, ski lessons and a similar age group (mid 40's) or mixed.

Has anyone else had any experience that would help me with my choice?

Thanks very much!

S

Edited: 9:47 am, January 13, 2011
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 183
1. Re: Best single ski holiday options

First, I have no experience booking a ski trip as a solo. I've only gone skiiing with a friend. I see you're from the UK and I have no experienc with booking European trips much. I suspect if you work through a vacation operator, you will likely be penalized for being solo. If it were me, I would spend some time doing research to see if I could book the trip myself. I would look at places to ski, resorts, transportation options, and ski lift ticket options directly with the ski operator. In the US (ie. Lake Tahoe, Whistler) you can go directly to the website and look up details about lift tickets, instruction, etc). Then you can often go to Ebay and purchase a discounted pass. Just some ideas.

Cardiff, United...
2. Re: Best single ski holiday options

Thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated.

S

Port talbot
3. Re: Best single ski holiday options

Hi Susie,

Im in the same boat as you. I want to go skiing but dont want to pay the supplements. Im from Port Talbot. If you find a site could you let me know.

4. Re: Best single ski holiday options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, February 11, 2011
5. Re: Best single ski holiday options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, October 02, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 172
6. Re: Best single ski holiday options

SS1804

This post was from 9 months ago.

SA
7. Re: Best single ski holiday options

Has anyone used coldfusionchalets or Pistepals for a solo ski holiday in Europe?

London, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Best single ski holiday options

I have been away with Cold Fusion Chalets a few times and really cannot recommend them enough, always people at my ability level to go out with during the day and a ready made group of like minded friends for the apres ski too (which is always a bonus). There is generally a 50/50 ski / board mix and they cater well for all ages - I never feel too old or too young!!!! The chalets are fab too - a home from home and the staff always go out of their way to ensure you have an amazing holiday.

I first went with Cold Fusion because I was having trouble rounding up any friends to go with. Now I refuse to go with my friends - this is the only way to holiday!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
reviews: 82
9. Re: Best single ski holiday options

This post is now 18 months old, and the OP has probably long gone and come back again.

Haverfordwest...
10. Re: Best single ski holiday options

hi just been on my first singles ski holls in jan,to france it was bril.l went with ski world and shared with a ski buddy. the guys we shared with where great. i,d recormend this company as they are reasonable and flights included sue

Edited: 11:18 am, February 28, 2013