I understand there are many options available to visit and experience the natural wonders, wildlife, northern light, etc. at various parts of the beautiful Arctic circle region including Greenland, Iceland, spitsbergen, Canadian arctic, Russian far east, etc. on a boat cruise.
I am keen on visiting the North Pole 90 degrees and could only find the nuclear powered Russian vessel makes a couples of trips during summer time. This is more for personal reason than anything else. After my initial findings the 2 odd weeks journey from the pricing stand point is rather on the north side indeed. I will have to work for it :-)
I am wondering if anyone out there have made the trip to North Pole on this Russian vessel. I would appreciate if you could please share your experience. I am keen on the following:
- the journey through the thick layers of frozen ice and the continuous cracking and breaking noise
- the time spent on the so called moving North Pole landing area
- Is kayaking on the Arctic waters an optional activity?
- Is polar plunge into the waters an activity included?
- the on-board service, entertainment, etc
- the knowledge, attitude, level of service of the crew
- Is English among other languages spoken by the crew
- Any interesting places the vessel stops for views other than the North Pole point.
- any further information would be very helpful indeed