We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Links to external travel blogs

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 29
Links to external travel blogs

Thought I would start this thread in order to share the various Antarctica blogs and photo blogs I have found over the years. Feel free to add any you find - or links to your own.

liveitloveitblogit.com/2012/… (this is a great one about a very last minute booking).

theweekenderblog.com/2011/…

25 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
11. Re: Links to external travel blogs

A regular blog by a staff member on board with Abercrombie and Kent

http://holgate.co.za/blog/wordpress/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
12. Re: Links to external travel blogs

Great blog from the perspective of a Quark employee - but a first timer to Antarctica.

…quarkexpeditions.com/2013/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
13. Re: Links to external travel blogs

Very detailed trip report from Cruise Critic:

GAdventure's ship "Expedition" Dec. 22, 2012 to Jan 3, 2013, titled "Quest for the Antarctic Circle

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

14. Re: Links to external travel blogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, March 13, 2013

Colorado, USA
reviews: 4
15. Re: Links to external travel blogs

Well dang, Perfectly Perth, I was just checking to see who'd linked to my site and see it's an Aussie ... just a coincidence that I'm contemplating a trip to Australia including a couple days in Melbourne!

Anyone thinking about Antarctica should stop thinking and just book it. An incredible experience and the MS Expedition is a fantastic ship and crew to take!

Australia
reviews: 52
16. Re: Links to external travel blogs

Explorer wannabe, thank you for those encouraging words, spending $50000plus makes me nervous but it is good to see your comments. Now I feel happy about parting with my money....... For all the right reasons..

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth
17. Re: Links to external travel blogs

No probs at all. Everyone is welcome to post external blog links here as they come across them. I had a lot more but lost all my favourite links in a computer changeover so I have been avidly searching to rebuild the list.

San Francisco...
18. Re: Links to external travel blogs

I'm off to Antarctica with Quark on the Sea Adventurer Dec 6-17, 2014!

I've been blogging about my experience so far here:

http://www.aquinnm.com

I'll be posting updates along the way including events and prep and everything in between!

Hope you like it

Edited: 4:10 pm, August 24, 2014
Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 5
19. Re: Links to external travel blogs

Our first Antarctica trip pre-dates my blogging days. I did write an extensive review on CruiseCritic and Fodor's as back in 2006-2007, finding small-ship trip reports was quite difficult. I also set up my photo galleries in a journal style, with captions providing the text.

This information can be accessed from this link: …blogspot.com/2007/01/antarctica-land-shaped…

That first trip took us to the Falklands and South Georgia, as well as the Peninsula. We are returning to Antarctica in January 2015, doing the M/V Ortelius Ross Sea expedition from Ushuaia to New Zealand. I hope to blog about the trip, though it will likely be after the fact.

Midwest
reviews: 3
20. Re: Links to external travel blogs

eenusa, I haven't (yet) read your review, but your photographs are simply magnificent -- some of the best I've seen. Thank you for sharing them!

Reply to: Links to external travel blogs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted