We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

UK
reviews: 52
MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Has anyone ever travelled on this ship?

302 replies to this topic
Bowral, Australia
reviews: 1
251. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Thanks for the info re the Free Jacket.

Just got on the phone to GAdventures Australia who told me Cruise Norway should have sent out the sizing chart.

Just emailed Cruise Norway asking them asking why I had not been informed. (Awaiting a reply)

I was not happy as I had just spent $400 on a down jacket for the trip when theirs would have done, and Australia is not really that cold.

Looking forward to the 6 Nov 2013 cruise.

pommystuart

Australia.

Edited: 3:54 am, August 15, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 30
252. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

How odd, I got my email from Chimu Adventures about a month ago. I've uploaded the pdf they sent with sizing here - https:/… - all they did was send the info onto G, so I'm sure if you contact G directly again with the sizing they can bypass the agent. I was told the jacket would be waiting in our cabins when we board!

Hope you have a great cruise, I'm on the one directly after you!

Maidstone, United...
253. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Yes a fantastic ship, and an incredible journey.

Brisbane, Australia
254. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

@pommystuart

Would you mind posting your thoughts on the jacket quality, warmth, packing bulk, body sizing after your cruise?

Did you know that MS Expedition also offers ocean kayaking and overnight camping on ice as possible optional extras you can add PRIOR to departure of your cruise.

Queensland...
reviews: 6
255. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Here's a side note about the sea kayaking....well worth it, but bear in mind that you can only book PRIOR to the trip. On our trip, 4 people dropped out after the first meeting, and there were others very keen to go (had not pre-booked), but were not allowed to fill the places, so they missed out. We did some lessons at home prior to going (capsizing, recovery etc) and felt quite confident once there, it's quite daunting though..crunching through ice, really cold water....but it was amazing. I think the longest paddle was 16kms, about 4 hours...very long but the conditions were incredible.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 19
256. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Doug M

Did you have the Canada goose jacket (mentioned a few times in this thread), or the newer one for this year with the fleece lining?

I'm wondering how warm and waterproof the new version of the jacket is, as I have a nice down filled jacket, but don't want to lug 2 jackets around for the rest of my holiday.

Edited: 10:47 pm, October 10, 2013
Australia
reviews: 24
257. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Hi there,

Would love to hear how your trip went if you could find the time for a quick review. We are busy planning for late 2014 or early 2015 & use all your feedback in our decision making :))

Cheers,

G&G

Brisbane, Australia
258. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Does anyone know the make/model of the kayaks used on the MS Expedition.

I wanted to visit a local store here in Australia to check them out before I depart on the cruise.

Lake Macquarie...
259. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Hi G&G.

It's nearly three years since our Antarctic trip, but you may find this link helpful.

http://www.mytripjournal.com/ozetraveller&p=1

It is a journal of our seven week trip in South America - entries 8-16 refer to the MS Expedition part of the journey. We had a fantastic time in Antarctica and cannot praise this ship or her crew more highly. The whole trip was brilliant and We hope you enjoy your adventure as much as we did ours.

Australia
reviews: 24
260. Re: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise

Great blog ozetraveller! sounds like you had an amazing time & it has definitely given us some ideas

Thank you so much for posting,

G&G

Reply to: MS EXPEDITION Antarctica cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted