We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 1
Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?

I'm looking for some ideas. My husband has arthiritis and walks short distances with a stick. He's very negative about the thought of going away as other medical conditions means he can't sunbathe (although is OK in the shade) or drink alcohol, but I'm desperate for a holiday in October/November. We have loads of avios points which would cover flights to Europe. I was hoping for somewhere we could stay and do a bit of exploring by car, eating out in nice authentic restaurants, catch some rays (me), good wifi (him), great scenery, not too touristy. I thought about rural Ibiza, but think it might be too small. Any ideas from others would be much appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?

I went on an out of season "last minute cheapie" to Marbella once.

It was so cheap that even hiring a car was cheap!

We used it as a base and went visiting the area, there are great places to visit in easy striking distance, if you have a car, including...

Granada

Rhonda

Cordoba

Gibraltar

Jerez

Cadiz

Seville...

Edited: 5:56 pm, September 15, 2013
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?

I thought of sourthern Spain too. We went in October once and mid-day the sand got too hot to lie on it, but the beach bar lit a bonfire and cooked fresh fish, so getting off the sand into the bar was not a hardship!

Check out the access adaptations at some nice hotels and take it from there.Lots to see down there :)

London, England
reviews: 59
3. Re: Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?

What about a cruise?

Reply to: Where to go for October sun that doesn't involve walking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted