We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other things we can do while we wait.

Reading
reviews: 54
Other things we can do while we wait.

On September 6th a group of friends and myself are going to the LONDON EYE and maybe afterwards to the London Aquarium or a River Cruise.

We are trying to get others in the organisation to come along as we can get cheap rail tickets and discounts on the tickets for the different venues.

I am writing to you to ask for you help in suggesting other things people, some of whom might have a disability, can do if they do not want to take part in the above.

We will be travelling into London via Waterloo Rail station.

Thank you for your help.

Jackie

6 replies to this topic
Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

Ask on London Forum...

River Cruise is my main suggestion, but you have that already...

See if there is an exhibition atmthe Hayward Gallery??

Mooch along the Southbank to Festival Hall. National Film Theatre and Tate Modern??

Imax Cinema???

2. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:09 pm, October 16, 2013

London, England
reviews: 59
3. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

The London Eye offers 'Carers Go Free' for people with disabilities and gives priority boarding.

I suggest you read the articles on the right hand side on the London Forum. It is hard to give advice without knowing the things you like doing and the disabilities of the travellers. London is reasonably disabled friendly, so once you have chosen what you want to do look up on the attractions own website as to accessibility.

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 29
4. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

How about Afternoon Tea in a hotel nearby. It can be lovely, would pass a little time, be out of the ( hopefully not bad) weather, and would make a focal point for you all to meet up afterwards.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Kind regards

Mondial

Reading
5. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

Thank you for your reply and information. I think I will be trying your suggestion as after the eye I will not be joining the others.

Reading
6. Re: Other things we can do while we wait.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the information, 6 of us went to the London Eye (fab time going again) river cruise (again fab time) and SEA LIFE London Aquarium.

All your suggestion are being put into the planning process for our next venture into London.

Thank you thank you so much again.

Jackie

Reply to: Other things we can do while we wait.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted