We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 2
Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

I don't care how wheelchair accessible a hotel or apartment is, or how good its wet-room shower with secure shower seat - important though these things are - if I can't get a bed I can actually sleep in with some degree of comfort, and get out of without waking my partner to heave me out. Why is it so difficult to find this information? We're not too fussed where we go really. All we're looking for is suitable accommodation with the right kind of bed, preferably self-catering, just for the two of us, somewhere interesting - not a poolside holiday. Can anyone help please?

31 replies to this topic
London, England
reviews: 64
1. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

I may be wrong, but at least in Europe I think you will have difficulty in finding an electric bed in a hotel. I have travelled frequently and extensively and have never come across one in a hotel. Of course, I may be wrong.

Obviously, I don't know your needs, but many adapted hotel rooms have higher than normal beds. Are they not suitable for you?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

You need to look at a speciliast disabed holidays site - the bed you're looking for is too expensive to be in an "adapted" room, you need a room specifically fitted for disabled guests, and most likely sold only to d/a giests.

Start here sykescottages.co.uk/…

Edited: 6:44 am, June 01, 2013
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
3. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

Looking around I founf this company - they book you an accessible room, then arrange hire of specvial equipment you need - like a profiling bed disabledaccessholidays.com/Holidays_For_The_…

I hope this is some help ... at least it cleaqrs up the question of "can you".

London, England
reviews: 64
4. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

There was an article in yesterday's Mail on Sunday regarding this.

5. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 19, 2013

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

Thank you to everyone who replied to my question. We have just returned from a really lovely holiday in Cornwall, at Trenerry Farm, Mingoose. Now I just need to find similar accommodation in Sydney or thereabouts, so I can visit my family out there.

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

Thank you to everyone who replied to my question. We have just returned from a really lovely holiday in Cornwall, at Trenerry Farm, Mingoose. Now I just need to find similar accommodation in Sydney or thereabouts, so I can visit my family out there.

st louis,mo
8. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

We have just spent five nights in hotels in st louis and kansas city. My husband is in such agony due to the beds! We need to find hotels with electric adjustable (head and foot positions) that are firm and don't require a ladder to get in and a hoist to get out...does aanyone know if such is even available in any u.s. chain? We can't even think of traveling again until we solve this issue for him.

st louis,mo
9. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

We have just spent five nights in hotels in st louis and kansas city. My husband is in such agony due to the beds! We need to find hotels with electric adjustable (head and foot positions) that are firm and don't require a ladder to get in and a hoist to get out...does aanyone know if such is even available in any u.s. chain? We can't even think of traveling again until we solve this issue for him.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
10. Re: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)

Tere - the answer is HIRE - find the local hire company in the city you;re visiting and arrange forthem to bring what your husband needs and install it in the room. It will cost, abd take a bit of arranging, but it will get you what he needs.

Reply to: Electric adjustable beds (profiling beds)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted