We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power wheelchairs on planes

Power wheelchairs on planes

I am flying southwest. I need to take my 300 lb power chair with me. Has anyone had problems or successes with this ??

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

Have you read this? southwest.com/html/customer-service/unique-t…

There have been reports of "issues" with the weight/wieldiness of dismantled chairs - 300lbs is a lot to shift, even broken down, so you may want to get advance confirmation from the airports and airline that they will be able to handle the individual elemets of your chair.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 3
2. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

Are you sure that your wheelchair weighs 300 LBS? My husband uses a power chair and I have never heard of a chair weighing that much. Are you sure you did not mean that the chair has a 300LB capacity?

3. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

Thanks!

It weighs 280. I rounded it off.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
4. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

Diane - I found ths useful advice for you : www.embracingals.com/airline-travel.html

5. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

Thanks!

It weighs 280. I rounded it off.

Thanks so much.

6. Re: Power wheelchairs on planes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 26, 2014