We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel story.

Melbourne
reviews: 3
Travel story.

suitcasesandstrollers.com/interviews/view/tr…

Here is a link to our story of traveling to Cambodia with my son who uses a wheelchair.

We are heading back again in two weeks!

Bron

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 206
1. Re: Travel story.

Bron, Thank you for sharing this link with us as well as you inspirational story. I live near Walt Disney World in Florida so I frequently see parents traveling with disabled children. I am always amazed at their courage, patience and determination to provide a "normal" experience for their exceptional children. Florida, and particularly Disney World are very easy for people with disabilities.

I really cannot imagine overcoming the barriers you encounter on your adventures in Asia. I do think you deserve our admiration for taking these adventures with a disabled child. Not only are you enriching his life, and the lives of your other two children, but you are also educating the world.

I suspect that most parents would opt for staying home rather than take the risks to travel with a disabled child. Congratulations to both of you for avoiding what is easy in favor of what is more enriching.

2. Re: Travel story.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 12, 2014