We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

Belfast, United...
reviews: 2
Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

Hi there

My wife and I are thinking of going to Palma Nova for a week in May of this year, I use a manual wheelchair and would love some advice on the area before we book - are there many hills about, is there good (accessible) nighlife for two mid-30's, young at heart party folk?

We are interested in staying at the Viva Palma Nova, does anybody know what the accommodation and surrounding area is like for disabled people?

All advice very welcome - is Palma Nova any good for a person in a wheelchair?

Thank you.

Harrogate, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

Have been here a couple of times with husband who is a permanant wheelchair user at home, but takes a boot scooter on holiday for his independance.The front is flat but you need to watch were you wish to cross the roads as the kerbs are very high. Walking to Magaluf is either up a fairly steep hill or a detour inland which is fairly flat but you are walking on pavements beside main roads, going out the other end again there is a long incline to the main road that takes you to Porta Nous and the water park, we have walked this route a few times but not in a manual chair the hill into Porta Nous and back out took some doing even on a mobility scooter! I can't comment on nightlife as we are early risers and early to bed. Not sure about the hotel you have chosen as we haven't stopped in that one, have you tried e-mailing it to find out what the facilities are like,?

Teesside
reviews: 1
2. Re: Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

Why dont you have a look around it on google maps ,thats what I do when possible as I also use a wheelchair.I'm not sure about the hotel but it's recommended on this website for disabled holidays.

disabledaccessholidays.com/disabled-holidays…

dublin
reviews: 1
3. Re: Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

We are frequent visitors to Palma Nova with our adult son who is in a manual wheelchair,you need a "pusher" as already mentioned some high kerbs but there are dished kerbs ,you need to plan where to cross and its not a big deal. We stayed at Viva Palmanova hotel and were very happy with our room,room no.3102,at side of hotel and quite. Separate bedroom, with lounge kitchenette.The indoor swimming pool had a chair which lowered into the water.

The hotel is lovely but a bit of a push up to it.The Palma nova resort has 3 bays to stroll along and plenty of restaurants and bars and very popular with wheelchairs. The hotel is close to Magaluff, where the night life and clubs are ,again a bit of a push but you should manage ok.

4. Re: Palma Nova for wheelchair users?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014