We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fear of High Bridges

reviews: 7
Fear of High Bridges

Hi, we are arriving at Hong Kong Airport and need to get to Metropark Hotel in Causeway Bay without going over any high bridges.

Please advise as my wife is worrying about this.Thank You

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
1. Re: Fear of High Bridges

Hong Kong Airport is on Lantau Island. The only way of getting to Hong Kong proper is via train or road which involves going over four bridges.

If you go on the train you really can't see much out of the windows if that's what is concerning your wife.

I'm not aware of any regular ferry services that go between Lantau and HK, but you could ask on the Hong Kong forum to make sure.

Once on the Island, you can take the MTR (underground) to get to Causeway Bay.

Essex
reviews: 71
2. Re: Fear of High Bridges

OK, I know this might seem a bit callous, but suppose you blindfold the afflicted person at the airport then didn't take it off u til you made it to hotel, would that work??

Otherwise, stay on Lantau, there are The lovely Star Ferries across the harbour, or the trains go underground in IIRC a couple of places, so you can all relax and enjoy....

reviews: 7
3. Re: Fear of High Bridges

I did not think you callous,but my wife deleted you from her Christmas Card List. Hotel is booked and paid for,so train it is.Regards Syd

Essex
reviews: 71
4. Re: Fear of High Bridges

I'm all in favour of saving trees!

Glad to be able to help you find something that will work, I seem to remember there are also road tunnels......

5. Re: Fear of High Bridges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 01, 2014