We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

Manchester
Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

I intend to travel for the first time from Manchester to Zurich with Lufthansa with a mobility scooter then on a Swiss train. Does anyone have any experience of this, please?

London, England
reviews: 60
1. Re: Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

I have travelled by air with a scooter. You need to contact the airline beforehand. In my case I rode the scooter to the door of the aircraft where they took it from me and put it in the hold.

There is a limit on the weight of the scooter. I didn't have any problem as it was a travel scooter, a Pride GoGo. I also needed to give details of the scooter checking in. I had all the specifications with me, so again, no problem.

I have never been on a Swiss train, but I imagine everything will be fine if you contact them in advance. Look up their website, there will be information for disabled travellers.

Manchester
2. Re: Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

Thanks. I will follow your advice.

Southport, United...
3. Re: Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

The Swiss Rail site is www.sbb.ch on their website go to stations and services and then on the far right is Passengers with a handicap which is the part you want. Then you want wheelchair and under that you will find a lot of information. There is an email on the right hand side.

Mobility scooters are fairly uncommon but you see lots of electric wheelchairs or wheelchairs with added front motors. I would email them and ask about a mobility scooter.

Manchester
4. Re: Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

Thanks, very useful. PeaklassManchester

5. Re: Travel with a mobility scooter on Lufthansa to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014