We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise & Stay

suffolk
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Nile Cruise & Stay

Hi been to Egypt many times as we love snorkelling, now wishing to do a Nile Cruise followed by a stay to recuperate.chill out, have only just started looking but has anyone gone any suggestions? which firm to use etc, 5* preferable with good snorkelling a must - thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
60,432 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

Hi parsley1962;

It would be helpful to those who can assist you, if you stated what type of disability you have ?

Best Regards

mytholmroyd
1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

My husband has walking disabilities,and I was wondering if a Nile Cruise in October would be suitable for him?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
99 reviews
3. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

Egypt is not the easiest country for those with mobility difficulties - but where's there a will there is a way!

You need to read and ask questions on the Luxor forum tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294205-i9426-Lu…

especially look in the top questions on the top right of the forum which has some items for those with mobility problems. Several of the forum regulars have mobility problems themselves and are well qualified to give first hand advice.

London, England
Level Contributor
6,139 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

I had always wanted to do a Nile Cruise, but as I have mobility difficulties I decided it would be too difficult. I can walk a short way,, but suffer from severe arthritis. I have various friends who have been on Nile cruises and know my capabilities. They all advised me against it.

Often the boats moor side by side and you have to walk across the boats to disembark. Some of the boats have narrow, unstable gangways. many of the sites they visit are difficult to visit for anybody with mobility problems.

Instead, I booked a trip to Luxor and booked all our excursions with a local travel agent. He had a wheelchair in his office, so put it in the minibus each day so I had a choice to use it or not. I managed to do all the trips, but we were not with a group ,so I didn't have to worry about holding anybody up. We enjoyed Luxor so much we went back the following year.

We would love to go back to Egypt and visit Cairo, Alexandria and Aswan, but would never consider it with the current political situation. read the Luxor Forum as there is plenty of information for people travelling with disabilities.

5. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, February 11, 2014
6. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, February 11, 2014
7. Re: Nile Cruise & Stay

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 10, 2015
Get answers to your questions