We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible Dublin Hotels

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 26
Accessible Dublin Hotels

I am a wheelchair user who will be in Dublin for three nights at the end of April. Most of my research shows an inconsistent response as to how accessible Dublin tends to be. I'm looking for accessible accommodations (primarily an affordable hotel or vacation rental/rentals) where seven adults can flop after walking the tourist sites.

I am not at all deterred by and inaccessible loos or cobblestone streets. I do worry about so-called "accessible" places that have one step up or narrow doorways through which my 350 pound, 28 inch wide chair won't pass.

I look forward to anyone's advice on "can't miss" attractions and "try to avoid" spots. I am especially looking forward to a number of really good pints shared with newfound comrades and some fish and chips that far surpass anything I can find in the states. We aren't spring chickens, however, as most of our group is in their 50s.

Any suggestions?

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Accessible Dublin Hotels

Hi there

While I can't personally recommend anywhere there is a handy website set up by Dublin City Council which gives information on the accessibility of various hotels, bars, restaurants, sights etc and also shows where the disabled parking spaces are located around the city etc. It also has a forum for questions.

Go to www.Dublincity.ie and then click on "Accessibility" (on the righthand side of the page) then click on "Access Dublin website".

Plenty of places for good pints (I recommend Grogans for the atmosphere) and Burdocks is your only man for the fish and chips.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 26
2. Re: Accessible Dublin Hotels

VERY Helpful! Thank you.

3. Re: Accessible Dublin Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014