We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday insurance

Lowton, warrington...
holiday insurance

i have medical issues (they are not a real problem to me) and cannot get travel insurance to cover them.i am going to tenerife does my euro medical card cover me

London, England
reviews: 59
1. Re: holiday insurance

The EHIC card will only cover you for treatment in a Spanish State hospital. It will not cover you for a private clininc, hospital or private ambulance. Neither will it cover you should you need to get an earlier flight home, repatriation or anything except the treatment.

It is absolutely foolhardy to travel anywhere abroad without adequate travel insurance. DO NOT DO IT.

I am sure you would be able to get holiday insurance somewhere, albeit at a price.

Lowton, warrington...
2. Re: holiday insurance

thank you for your reply

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
3. Re: holiday insurance

If the insurer says that they will not cover you for certain conditions, you can still get cover; you just won't be covered if your hospital admission/repatriation, etc. is due to these conditions. So you have to gauge the likelihood of needing treatment for them and either search for someone who will provide cover (as PP said, at a price) or wing it and hope for the best. But definitely, don't travel without TI.

Have a good trip!

Lowton, warrington...
4. Re: holiday insurance

thank you for your reply

5. Re: holiday insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2014