We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Chicago, Illinois
Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

My family is visiting Riviera Maya Mexico in the Spring. We need to rent a wheelchair that will work in the sand...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FL
reviews: 6
1. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Wow, I have a cousin that rented one in Miami and it took quite a few phone calls for that to happen. Your area of Mexico is not nearly as big as Miami, probably would be tough, mexico does not have many social services like the US. I would check cruisecritic.com forum for their forum on that city.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 99
2. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Also ask in the Riviera Maya forums here on TA tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g659488-i11442-R… and search those forums for previous discussions.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 26
3. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

I rented a beach wheelchair from the company that I used to transport me from the Cancun airport to our hotel in Playa del Carmen in January 2010. I tried to find the name of the company for you, and although I'm not absolutely certain, I think is called Cancun Airport Taxi. When I looked on their website today I don't see any information about beach wheelchairs, but they have one pictured next to one of their vans with a ramp, which is how I discovered it in the first place.

I don't remember all the details, but I know I had them pick me up at the airport with the beach wheelchair in the van because it was cheaper than having them deliver it to the hotel later in my stay. Give them a call and let me know if they have what you need. If not, I will take more time to look through my old notes to find the right company.

Happy travels!

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Thank you ~ thank you! I truly appreciate your efforts. I will try them and if not let you know.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 26
5. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Although I found the receipt for the beach wheelchair rental that I mentioned earlier, it only had local telephone numbers and no web address information. I did, however, find another great resource for you in the Cancun forum from a year ago. Check out this website:

http://www.forhandicaptravelers.com

I'm not only sharing this information with you, but I've bookmarked it for my own use in the future!

Happy Travels!

Edited: 5:08 pm, January 11, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

Thanks again...would you mind posting the telephone number for the Cancun Airport Taxi Company? I have checked out the handicaptravelers site, they do show a amphibious vehicle that I will call them about.

7. Re: Rental of sand wheelchair in Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 13, 2014