We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility Scooters

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 13
Mobility Scooters

I am researching for a friend who needs a three wheeler to get around in Thailand. What brands are recommended, electric v petrol, etc?

uk
21. Re: Mobility Scooters

Thanks all an easy question but i couldn't find the answer good news for me if you don't pay then MS doesn't stop me flying lol

Leesburg, Florida
reviews: 23
22. Re: Mobility Scooters

My wife and I both take our 3 wheel scooters with us when we cruise.The newer ships are great for using scooters. I particularly like the Celebrity Solstice Class ships. On a recent Transatlantic cruise we had a disabled access cabin aboard the Equinox and it was absolutely the nicest access cabin we have ever had and that covers 68 cruises. It was large enough to fit both scooters at the same time and left plenty of room to get around. There was also sufficient plugs available in the cabin to recharge both scooter simultaneously. BTW Cruisers should always travel with a 12' extension cord and a plug strip with multiple sockets. Almost all doors aboard the Solstice Class ships are sensor or switch operated (including the cabin door of the accessible cabins) and we encountered almost no area aboard that we could not comfortably access while on our scooters. By now, virtually all cruise ships of the major cruise lines are scooter friendly but one should be aware that a accessible cabin MUST be reserved because most of the ships do not allow scooters to be left in the halls. We had a bit of a problem with ground transport in Barcelona this most recent trip (getting transport from the port to a hotel and then to the airport) For the first time we were unable to secure transfers through our cruise line for that destination. Through search on the internet I found a service in Barcelona that was able to accommodate both of our scooters as well as all three of our party. Their name is "Accessible Services" and their email contact info is dat@disabledaccessibletravel.com. Their service is impeccable. Their vehicles are special built to accommodate scooters and wheelchairs (power lift etc) and their personnel were wonderful. One should be aware that they do require cash payment in Euro or dollars. The owner told me they have operations throughout Europe and also can assist in providing tours for the disabled. Regarding air travel with scooters; I have never run into the slightest problem as long as I gave notice to the airline well ahead of flight time that we would be traveling with scooters. (and would require wheelchair service until scooters were returned) They have never required dis-assembly and have always returned our scooters in perfect condition immediately after deplaning. One final suggestion: I would advise anyone wanting to take a scooter on a cruise or distant trip to have fresh battery's installed prior to leaving, and know how far you can travel on a fresh charge, and always re-charge prior to leaving the ship on a tour or port visit.

uk
23. Re: Mobility Scooters

Thank you for your promt response do you incur extra charges for taking your scooters on an aircraft

24. Re: Mobility Scooters

Has anyone travelled to singapore with a scooter? any tips on hotels and getting around please.

25. Re: Mobility Scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 27, 2014