We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to orandia with a passenger in a wheelchair

London, United...
travelling to orandia with a passenger in a wheelchair

Can anyone advise me on arrival in Orlando is there is a special queue for people who are in a wheelchair and the members of theor party

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: travelling to orandia with a passenger in a wheelchair

If you book wheelchair assistance, the airport staff will usually meet you at the door of the plane, take you through immigration (typically through the "staff" line, but not guaranteed) and baggage pick-up, customs and to curbside. Or to the car hire area.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
2. Re: travelling to orandia with a passenger in a wheelchair

Orlando is my home airport, and we fly in and out of this airport many times a year. The only thing that you have to do is request wheelchair service. It is best to do this when you make your original reservations.

You generally have to stay on the plane until all the other passengers have departed. Then a person with a wheelchair meets you at the door of your plane and takes you wherever you need to go. If Orlando is your destination, the wheelchair person will push you onto the tram, take you down to baggage claim on the elevator and provide assistance with your baggage and on to whatever ground transportation you are using. Your traveling companion may just walk right along with your wheelchair.

The wheelchair service in Orlando is outstanding. The workers are concerned for your safety and comfort. They are happy to stop for you at a restroom. They have also stopped for me to purchase a cup of coffee, a sandwich and even a magazine.

I always tip my wheelchair person, and if he helps me with some difficult task such as moving through TSA security as I am departing, or managing several suitcases when I arrive, I tip a bit more generously as these services are worth a great deal to me. They will, however, take you where you need to go without receiving a tip.

Orlando is a very wheelchair friendly destination. I am sure you will have an enjoyable time. If you have any other questions regarding this destination and physical disabilities feel free to ask.

3. Re: travelling to orandia with a passenger in a wheelchair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 18, 2013