We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

essex, uk
reviews: 2
looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

although my husband is not a wheelchair user, he does have mobility problems. By chance I came across Baan Khaolak hotel in Khaolak, Thailand and am here at the moment. It is one of the best accessible hotels we have found in a long time. There are approx. 10 rooms that have huge bathrooms where a wheelchair can be wheeled into the shoiwer. In the shower there is a huge seat and all the usual grab rails. The balcony is large enough for a wheelchair . The whole resort is flat and the wide paths lead straight to the beach where a transfer to a sunbed is only a few inches. Although a wheellchair can be taken right to the edge of the pool, there are stairs with rails that lead into the pool. However, I feel sure I saw photos of a hoist in use somewhere on the web. The manager is an American,so communication for any questions is very good.

We also stayed at Ao NAng Villas , Ao Nang, Krabi, this was pretty good also, slopes everywhere and good bathroom but the letdown was a deep step from the room to the balcony. A very strange oversight. i thought

17 replies to this topic
essex, uk
reviews: 2
11. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

many thanks midnightbrownies, however I cannot seem to find the English translation of the websites.

hi, the rookies,

sorry but I hane only just come across your post of 21 Jan.

It is not the airlines themselves that org anise airport assistance, but the airport authority, so no matter which airline you use, the assistance will be the same. However, be aware, that in busy airports such as Heathrow or Gatwick you may have to wait a while if several planes are landing with many wheelchair users on board . Obviously, the number of people requiring assistance differs from day to day but I still don't know why there are often such a shortage of wheelchairs and staff when most travelers book well in advance.

Bangkok, Thailand
12. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

Hi gem166,

You can go to this page (www.wheelgoround.in.th/wheel-go-places.html) for the list of places. We did in bi-language, Hope this can help :) We are gathering more places now.

Hertfordshire
reviews: 9
13. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

Myself and my son (26) who uses an electric wheelchair would like to go somewhere nice in Thailand for Xmas and New Year..maybe the North to a hotel with good entertainment..any ideas anyone out there?? Tina

Mechelen, Belgium
14. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

Dear, I'm Marc from belgium and wheelchair user. I travel a lot in Thailand and always looking for new places. Please can you sent me the adress from this hotel.

best regards

Marc

Mechelen, Belgium
15. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

Dear, I work for a touroperator in Belgium my division is (Mobile travel) travel for people with a disability and seniors citizens. I will be in Thailand decembre and januari, if you have the time let's meet

I'm still looking for a car and driver for this time, I have to stay in my wheelchair wile driving

Best regards

Marc

Bangkok, Thailand
16. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

Hi Tina & Marc,

I can recommend some accessible places in Thailand. You can drop me the email for your plan at philipda7@gmail.com. For Marc, yes we could meet, pls let me know your specific date in Bangkok.

Best,

Lipda

sgp
reviews: 12
17. Re: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?

wow

this is really good.

m a wheelchair user myself.

n really appreciate yr work here

sham

Reply to: looking for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Thailand?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted