We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication needs to be cold...long haul! ??

somehwere, Ontario
reviews: 62
Medication needs to be cold...long haul! ??

Hi Everyone,

I am flying long haul and need to keep a medication between 2 to 8C ( 35-46F ). We all know the issues with customs...does anyone know of something that could help? Thanks.

Deb

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 43
1. Re: Medication needs to be cold...long haul! ??

See this thread, Deb : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12084-k5885747…

I checked the drug manufacturer's site and that of Virgin Atlantic - as you'll see, the mfr makes a "cool bag" which you can pack with some ice, and Virgin say they'll top up your ice en route, but recommend most of your drug goes in the hold, which will be at the required temperature as a matter of course. I suggest you check out your own medication manufacturer's site and thet of your likely airline for similair info

John

2. Re: Medication needs to be cold...long haul! ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 23, 2013