We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathrooms for disabled

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
100 reviews
Bathrooms for disabled

98percent of hotels I come across have good access for disabled people like me, I have to have what you would call a 'wet room' one hotel we stayed in had a lovely wet room but gave it a 'marble floor' talk about life going before me I was terrified. I went and told the staff on duty and........nothing! This was a five star hotel. How have you coped people??

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
11. Re: Bathrooms for disabled

Thanks Busy-retired - like a lot of things in Poland, it takes time. Some serious new roads were nowhere near completion when the Euro 2012 football championships were hosted in (amongst other cities) Warsaw. Multi-lane motorways just came to a halt and the road because a poorly signposted track across the fields. Cue much embrrassme nt for the officials, but still not completed!

A friend of ours leads http://www.tpsw.pl/ which is a disabled access pressure group/consultancy, and posts videos showing just how bad some places are - roads, offices, you name it ....

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
117 reviews
12. Re: Bathrooms for disabled

Great to see everyone's posts about accessible bathrooms for people with mobility problems. We find that the standard of what people call accessible varies from place to place. Even when a hotel says they have a wet room the arrangement of it might be totally unsuitable for the users. For example, we went to a 5 star hotel who prided themselves in their wet room only to find there was a brick partition built through the middle of the room which made it completely inaccessible!! Saw a brilliant wet room in a hotel in Torquay UK a few weeks ago which was excellent. For those of you looking for a UK holiday, look at the Corbyn Head Hotel website.

UK
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
217 reviews
13. Re: Bathrooms for disabled

Also UK, Premier inn is good but there is one hotel on the outskirts which does mainly conferences at Doncaster where I think interconnecting rooms and that had a good wet room concept. I think it's something like Ashcourt hotels or something like that.

14. Re: Bathrooms for disabled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 18, 2013